Eighteen

I stood at the forest line, the sun nearly setting before me. My hands were shackled to a wooden post, my back bare from my dress. It was simple, black lace with long sleeves and a high neck, and a completely exposed back. It showed the scars I had received since I got here, it seemed my father favored the whip above all his other torture devices.

"Father, why don't you just let her return to her mate?" I shifted my gaze to Damon, my eyes wide with shock. Why was he being nice all the sudden?

"I highly doubt they would want her, considering she viciously murdered an entire pack." I shut my eyes, facing up to the sun as the wind blew. "I mean, I'm sure the entire kingdom believes she's dead. We broadcasted her being tortured and stabbed, and then sent out a message she was dead."

I breathed out, my body shaking wth both rage and longing. I wanted to see Tyler one last time, hold him, kiss his lips. I didn't cherish the time I had, I mean seriously. I had nearly ten years, but I put my stupid selfish body before his.

He was mine, I was his, but he was nowhere to be found.

The sun slowly began to descend as the moon rose, the beams piercing through the trees. A lone circle rested between two trees, my vision growing hazy as red ink began to cover the edges of the full moon. I heard my father sigh in content before raising his hands. Hundreds of vampires began to surround us, watching us with their lilac eyes.

"Creatures of the night! We are here to reclaim our royalty, by letting our King Damon descend into his rightful powers!" He was met with cheers from all of the vampires, my eyes widening as they began chanting in a language I had never heard of.

Damon stood next to me, his face downcast as he peered over to me. "They're speaking the language of the dead, chanting our Kingdom Chant."

I shut my eyes and basked in their chanting, the strong words rolling over my ears. My body involuntarily shivered, the shackles against my wrist digging into my skin. I opened my eyes once more when I felt the Moon cast directly over me, filling my body with so much power I couldn't think.

A glow poured out of my body, oozing out of every pore I had. I stopped breathing, but it was like I didn't need it. Everything began spinning around me, my sensing heightening as my feet lifted off the ground. It was only an inch or so, but I was still floating.

Like above the ground.

Holy hell.

It seemed at that moment that everything went to hell. A war cry blew out in the air, sending the vampires around me into defense positions as my father tried to continue the chant. The only problem is it wasn't abnormal war cry.

It was a wolf war cry.

Hundreds of wolves began rushing into the first we were in. The vampires either took refuge in the trees or fought back, bodies dropping left and right.

Meanwhile, I was still shackled while my father was chanting and this ridiculous golden light expanded from my body. I tried to look at Damon, but he was searching through the fighting bodies like he was looking for someone.

I remembered his beloved, his beloved was a wolf. I felt my heart swell for the asshole, completely surprised at myself. He had been kind the past few days, but the bastard had stabbed me!

He became relaxed when someone stepped into the surrounding area, the air buzzing with electricity. The wind brought a scent I thought was lost to me, causing my heart to stutter as I tried to fight the glow leaving me.

I stared down at my father, his eyes not even meeting mine. "Enough!"

I shouted it with all of the authority I had within me, everything silencing as my words spread through the ears around me. The light within me suddenly became too much, a pressure building deep within my chest exploding against the confinements of my ribcage. The shackles broke as I clawed at my skin, blood falling down my arms and splattering on the floor.