Chapter 12: Argument

The picture above belongs to @HydraCarina aka Nadra from DeviantArt. I was given permission to use the artwork.

It was nearly sunset by the time the Pridelanders were halfway across the Pridelands. They still had quite a ways to go before they reached Pride Rock. By now they had stopped running, as they suspected the Outlanders stopped their chase. To their luck, the storm was over.

Nala was walking a few feet behind Simba. The rest of the group were walking behind the couple. Simba walked with a bad limp in his front left paw and Nala noticed it.

" Simba, you're limping," she informed.

Simba tried to straighten his slouched posture. He acted as if nothing was wrong.

" I'm fine," he sternly replied.

Nala jogged up to his side and looked at him with concern. They continued to walk side by side.

" I'll call Rafiki first thing tomorrow morning for you," she offered.

" That won't be necessary. I'm fine."

Nala looked at the ground. Despite Simba's protest, she would fetch Rafiki anyway. The King's stubbornness was something she wasn't going to argue with. At least, not right now.

She could feel tension between them. Nala knew Simba was probably mad at her for saving him. It made him seem weak. Nala believed he owed her at least a thank you. But knowing Simba, it probably wasn't going to come.

Nala's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Simba's tender voice.

" You could've been hurt back there," he mentioned.

Nala didn't know how to reply. Simba got hurt, not her. She noticed he was limping again. He couldn't walk on that leg for very long. She looked at him and sighed.

" I wasn't hurt though," she argued.

" Still, you shouldn't of gotten involved."

Nala looked at him with wide eyes and open mouth.

" What do you mean? I was saving you."

" I told you, Nala. I didn't need saving."

Nala shook her head.

" Then why didn't you free yourself?"

" I was waiting for the perfect moment," Simba explained.

Nala looked away with a frown.

" What?" Simba stopped walking.

Nala continued to walk with her head down.

" Nala," he called.

She stopped with her ears flat against her head. She turned around with anger in her eyes. Her tail thrashed behind her.

" You're only upset with me for saving you because it made you look weak! Why can't you just appreciate the help?! You're too stubborn to listen!" She snapped.

Simba stood with an open mouth as Nala turned away with tears in her eyes. She ran towards Pride Rock, leaving Simba and the group behind.

After few minutes of running and Nala reached Pride Rock. She ran up and into the den. Her cheeks were stained with tears. Kopa was sleeping next to Sarafina on the royal stone. Sarabi napped beside them.

" Nala? What's wrong?" Sarafina asked with heavy concern.

" It's nothing," Nala replied, looking at Kopa.

Sarafina noticed her stare and stepped off the throne. She woke Sarabi and they gave the queen some space.

" Where's Simba?" Sarabi asked tiredly.

Nala laid next to Kopa. She refused to look at Sarafina and the former queen directly.

" He's fine. He's on his way," Nala replied as she put her head on her paws.

Nala continued to look down. Her ears were down in despair. Sarafina and Sarabi exchanged a glance and looked at Nala with concern. They didn't dare ask any more questions, seeing how distressed their queen was.

They walked away, leaving Nala with her son. A few moments later, Simba limped into the den with his head drooped low. Nala turned her head away from him. The rest of the group entered the den. Everyone looked tired and in pain.

Simba lay next to Nala and sighed.

" I'm sorry, Nala. Thank you for saving me. I really do appreciate it," Simba apologized.

He felt Nala sigh beside him. She really couldn't stay mad at him. She loved him, even if he was frustrating at times. Besides, Kopa didn't deserve fighting parents. Nala lifted her head and looked at Simba.

" Thank you, Simba. I'm sorry for snapping at you. You just get so frustrating sometimes," she laughed.

Simba looked down shamefully. Nala giggled and leaned into him, snuggling her head into his red mane. He nuzzled her back.

At that moment, Kopa lifted his head.

" Mom?" His eyes focused on Nala.

He recognized her and gasped. He jumped up and started jumping around, giggling all the way. Simba and Nala laughed at his actions.

" Can we play, Dad?" Kopa stopped jumping in front of Simba.

" Your father is badly injured, Kopa. He can't play right now," Nala answered.

Simba looked at her with surprise. Normally, she would've made Simba play with Kopa. The King shook his head in denial.

" I told you, Nala. I'm fine," Simba stated as he stood.

" Be careful, Simba," Nala reminded him.

Simba took note of her statement and limped off the throne. Ignoring the pain, he started wrestling with Kopa. The young prince laughed and jumped on his father's stomach. Simba lifted Kopa high in the air with his hind legs.

Nala watched her family with adoration. She felt content. Kopa had slept all day.

" You know this means our son will be up all night," Nala informed Simba.

Simba kept his eyes on the giggling Kopa above him.

" I know."

At that, Nala put her head on her front paws and watched as her loving mate and giggly son wrestled all night.

I'm sure you've noticed that Nala is mentioned a lot... it's because she's my favorite character all the way. I love her so much, and in all honesty... I'm strongly attracted to her.

I'm not very fond of Simba as a character. Don't get me wrong, I love every character in some way. But Simba... probably my least favorite character.

Anyway, thank you for the votes and comments. I missed a week and a half of school because I had Pneumonia so I have so much work to catch up on. I'll try to keep updating consistently, but if I take a while to publish anything, its because of school.

If you read this authors note then tell me in the comments what you think of the story so far... I like details. My attitudes towards Simba and Nala are really going to show throughout the story.

Thank you again for all the votes and comments. I really do appreciate it.

~Bye~