Chapter 45: Future Queen

That same morning, all the animals in the Pridelands had crowded around the base of Pride Rock. It was still early in the morning, and the breeze from earlier was stronger.

Rafiki was at the top of Pride Rock, looking over the animals. Colorful leaves swirled in the wind around him. He breathed in the morning air before he turned around to find Simba and Nala approaching. The Queen was carrying Kiara by the scruff.

Nala placed the Princess in Rafiki's arms and smiled proudly. He then raised Kiara above his head, and the kingdom went crazy. Kiara looked down at the animals below and giggled at the attention.

The colorful leaves swirled around her and she swatted at them with a playful smile. The wind blew through Simba's mane and Nala sighed as the breeze moved through her short fur. After a few more seconds, Rafiki brought Kiara down to his chest and Simba and Nala nuzzled her lovingly.

Meanwhile, Kopa and Vitani were watching from the den entrance. The Prince sat next to Vitani, a wide grin in his face. Vitani looked at him with adoration. It warmed her heart to see him so happy.

After a moment, the rest of the royal family returned to the cave. Kopa jumped happily at the sight of his little sister. Vitani found his actions cute as he acted like a young cub once again. Simba and Nala laid in their rock, and Kiara began to nurse.

Kopa ran up to them, Vitani close behind.

" Hey, Mom! Was I presented like that?" He asked curiously.

" Yes you were, Kopa. But, your presentation was delayed because you were born too small," Nala explained. " Your presentation was also cut short because you burst into tears while Rafiki was holding you up."

Vitani started giggling beside Kopa. He looked at her with an irritated expression.

" What's so funny about that, Vitani?" Kopa growled.

She continued to laugh, " You're a wimp."

" I'm not a wimp!"

" Oh yeah? Prove it!" Vitani smirked.

At that moment, Kopa tackled her. They wrestled in a heap of dust and when it cleared, Kopa had pinned her on her back.

" Pinned ya!" he smiled proudly.

Vitani smiled evilly and pushed him off, and they quickly returned to wrestling. Simba and Nala were watching them. The King wore a frown and the Queen was grinning. Simba signed, which grabbed Nala's attention.

" Do you really want to betroth them?" Simba asked with worry.

" Why not?" Nala replied.

"Because-"

Nala rolled her eyes, " Wait, don't tell me. You're unsure because she's Zira's daughter, right?"

Simba remained silent, but he nodded his head in shame. Nala sighed, but she wasn't quite irritated.

" I understand, Simba. But look at how much she's changed. And more importantly, look how happy she makes our Kopa."

Simba looked at the teenagers. They had stopped wrestling, and were laying down next to each other. Vitani's head was on Kopa's front paws, and his head rested in her neck. Their tails were intertwined and Kopa had a large grin on his face.

" I guess you're right," Simba stated, a small grin creeping up on his face.

" So? What do you say?" Nala questioned.

Simba looked at her with confidence, " Vitani shall be future queen of the Pridelands."