Chapter 5

"Can I stay at your place for a few days?"

Arashi blinked puzzedly at Kyoya and Kyoya believed that he couldn't be any more straightforward.

The hallway was as empty as it could possibly be during club hours meaning no student had the time to eavesdrop. And teachers were busy preparing schedules and the upcoming exams. Comforting really since that wasn't the type of conversation Kyoya wanted any curious ears to listen to. Especially Tamaki's. Kyoya would do anything to miss out on his many unnecessary tantrums but he supposed that was part of who he was. Just like being a "Shadow King", as Tamaki and the twins claimed, was a part of who Kyoya was.

Did something happen?

The light rays beaming through the window came on Arashi, giving him a halo and further brightening his eye colour; a glorious cyan. The dark-haired boy thought that all Arashi needed was his small innocent smile and he'd believe he was an angel with hidden wings.

"An argument with father but I left a note that I won't be returning for two days." Kyoya sighed through his nose. "I hope you don't mind. Such a short notice."

Arashi shook his head and smiled benevolently at him. His smiles were always small, awkward and mostly forced but never unkind.

The boy carefully slipped out his phone and started typing something. Kyoya assumed it was to one of the staff at home to prepare a room since Arashi couldn't exactly start speaking full sentences or even more than three words.

Excuse me.

He bowed and walked away, making sure to glance at him before he turned around a corner.

Kyoya closed his eyes for a few moments and leant again the wall. It wasn't that he didn't like the idea of living with Tamaki just for two days (because he didn't and he found out about that when Tamaki dragged him for a sleepover), Kyoya just didn't need the dramatic I-will-fix-this-problem-even-if-it's-not-my-own event which he was sure Tamaki would do if he was provoked. And Tamaki was easily provoked.

A side-intention was to ascertain Arashi's living conditions. The guy flinched at any physical contact and seemed like he hated looking people in the eyes. And for people to look at his. Like they were the entrance to the depths of hell. If the guy didn't have any friends that made him like that then it had to be family.

The Shadow King part denied the fact that he was doing that because he grew fond of the boy and the Kyoya part accepted this reasoning adding that he was inevitably curious.

⏳⌛⏳⌛⏳⌛

Kyoya discovered the third part of himself that seemed excited to spend two days with Arashi. With only meeting when they passed each other or when Arashi needed something from Kyoya, the spectacles-wearing boy wanted to know more about the silver-haired enigma.

"Arashi!" a soft masculine voice called out. Arashi turned his head just before he got into the limosine. Kyoya was already inside but his attention was also grabbed by the yell.

A blonde boy with prominent freckles peppering his nose bridge to his cheekbones came to a stop right in front of Arashi. The blonde pulled on his sleeves almost shyly and looked at Arashi that reminded Kyoya of the emotion filling his father's secret glances sent to his mother when he thought nobody's looking.

Arashi's cyan eye lit up with an emotion not too similar to the blonde's but the excitement to see each other was still there.

A friend, Kyoya mused, watching their interaction as he stayed invisible inside the car.

"My parents found out from Takumi that you're in the Photography club with us and wanted to invite you and your father to have dinner with us on Friday," the boy said, his cheeks flushed. Whether it's because of saying all of that in one breathe or because Arashi was actually keeping his eye in line with his, Kyoya didn't know. "Kieran's parents are coming as well."

The light in Arashi's eyes dimmed a little and Kyoya was sure it was because he realised it wasn't a friendly invitation but an invitation for business.

Then the blonde leaned in a little as if telling a secret, "To tell you the truth, I'm probably going to forget that it's a business dinner thing and start talking to you more casually than I even do a school. They're going to stay talking after dinner too so I'll give you a tour of the house with Kieran and Takumi." Then his lips stretched into an admittedly charming smile and Arashi elatedly returned it.

After saying and signing their goodbyes, Arashi slipped in beside Kyoya who briefly noted that by Friday he would be back at his own mansion, avoiding his father as much as possible.

Arashi shared his grin with him and Kyoya gave him and almost-smile but at least it was genuine.