Chapter 7

Friday came faster than Arashi's bruises could've healed.

A sketchbook was settled on her lap while she reposed on the bed. Each page spoke to her on a personal level and it wasn't just because Inazuma drew it but because he knew how to slither between the walls and reach her heart. And that was good because the only thing Arashi could possibly draw was a tree and that was enough motivation to make Inazuma give her some drawing lessons.

Just as she was about to turn the page, she heard a knock on the door.

She stood up with remorse of leaving her comfy bed and walked quickly to open the door. The artist of the drawings strolled in with a strangely specific outfit in his hands.

"Come on Arashi," he said. "We need to get ready for our visit."

Are you coming with us?

Arashi closed the book and standing up from her bed. She was looking at him expectantly. It would certainly be better with him in the limosine considering the tension could kill her. She fought with her father as much courage as she had to go to Naoki's place, earning a bruise on her shoulder. It throbbed but she managed to ignore it, having had practice over years.

Inazuma treated the injury with an exasperated sigh and a tired look in his eyes. Arashi briefly wondered if he was tired from treating her bruises or from looking at the purple and yellow blotches blemishing her pale skin. She didn't ponder more on the subject. It was easy to deduce it was the latter.

Inazuma didn't reply although Arashi was sure he saw her gestures.

Her butler held each article of clothing and laid them accordingly on the bed; black pants, black shirt, grey cardigan. How gloomy. At least it covered up her gender; she wanted to play a bit more.

She let out a sad sigh and looked at Inazuma with a pleading look but he merely smiled. He knew, he knew she liked a certain shade of blue and a certain shade of yellow together. Arashi's favorite colours came from the old fairytale book her mother had always read her before she went to sleep. The drawing of the dress on her favorite character consisted of those two colours and it was almost absurd but Arashi had dreamt of becoming like her fictional idol. Dreamt. Because that was the only thing she could do.

"Ichigo-san insisted to wear formal colours."

Arashi rolled her eyes and she could just see Inazuma read her thoughts like an open book.

Navy blue can be formal, Arashi signed, her face disgruntled and lips turned downwards.

Inazuma simply kept his smile and left her to dress.

The fabric felt heavy on her as though its gloominess was weighing down whoever wore it, physically and emotionally. She didn't mind black and gray but that gray cardigan and the black pants just made her think the most depressing thoughts. Completely unsuitable to the bright homey place she was heading to. She could just feel the warmth radiating from the thought of visitng the friendly family. All her expectations were built on the funny stories Takumi spouted while Naoki added in a bit of a special trait or two about a family member.

She sighed once again and stepped out of the room, looking blankly at Inazuma who was patiently waiting outside.

"Your face brightens it," Inazuma muttered in her ear while opening the door to the limosine.

The fact that he didn't climb in with her and that the driver seat was taken, assured her that he wasn't coming.

⏳⌛⏳⌛⏳⌛

The family was already waiting for them outside, each holding a genuine welcoming smile while her father held something in between a sneer and a smirk. Thankfully, he kept his manners and managed to greet them as politely as he could around optimistic people.