Chapter 13

For once, the club members had their lunch outside partially using Kieran's birthday as an excuse. They sat at a table under a cherry blossom and had shared their more than enough desserts and meals.

Arashi just found Kieran's blush cute when the twins greeted him with a loud "Happy birthday!".

Coincidentally-

Or maybe not, Arashi thought exasperatedly.

-the Host Club members were having the time of their lives, kicking the ball to each other. Some of them were clumsy and Kyoya opted to stay out of such a game that wasted his time more than speaking to Tamaki did.

It was Kaoru's turn to kick the ball. The amount of effort he put in kicking the ball was proven when it flew towards the Photography Club's table. It wasn't going to hit the members' head. Worse, it knocked Arashi's riceball out of her hand and Kaoru could swear he felt the ground was shaking.

Arashi rose from her seat, her head tilted downwards so there was a shadow casted on her eyes. Purple and black waves danced around hair and her friends shivered with fear.

She picked up the ball that landed next to the fallen riceball, not minding the grains of soil that stuck to it. She rolled it around in her hands. Every second she took made everyone's heart beat faster with anticipation. She turned around and having only one eye visible caused her to appear even more menacing.

The goosebumps-inducing swing she performed with her arm made the Host Club members' hearts become still. Using an accurate aim, the ball was going to hit Kaoru if his fear hadn't caused him to run to his brother's side in panic. Behind him was Takashi who just narrowly dodged the ball. He could feel the sharp wind that flew with the ball.

The ball hit the tree with a strong sound and caused it the whole tree to shake and some leaves to fall.

Arashi approached them with an apologetic gaze but they still kept their guard up.

She bowed to Takashi and then turned to Kaoru with angry gestures following her move.

Be careful! If you're going to kick the ball high, place a part of your foot underneath its curve while kicking. If you're kicking towards your friends, you hit normally in a straight line towards their feet and not in the air. Understood?

Kaoru nodded slowly, digesting the words she meant and was secretly glad she didn't look like she was planning on digging his grave.

|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|

"Look at the picture! It's a girl he's carrying!"

"How would you know? He has his face turn away."

"There's a hint of boobs right there and she doesn't have an Adam's apple. Besides, those legs just can't belong to a guy."

"Listen you perverts! This is what you're going to do."

|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|

It was the second lunch break and both clubs took their place in the garden again. Some male students sat on a bench near the doorway of the main building. A lone girl sat on the stairs of a different entrance.

Arashi was spacing out and was left behind by her friends. They probably noticed she was almost like that and hated to be snapped out of it so they let her be.

In front of her, Takashi stood a few inches in front of the doorway and was looking around as though looking for something. Just as she reached the doorway, she heard some snickers and looked up only to find a bucket tilting towards where Takashi was standing. Using every energy she still got after those long lessons, she pushed Takashi out of the way. It was only because he had his guard down she was able to move him.

Ice cold water splashed around her and for a few seconds she couldn't breathe so she chose to gasp for air. She exhaled and inhaled shakily while her figure slumped over and weakly held her blazer together to hide her bra. Just how many times was she going to be seen practically naked in that school?

Takashi almost instinctively slipped off his blazer and tied the sleeves around her neck without accidentally choking her.

She looked up with a flushed face after a sneeze escaped her and Takashi wanted to crush whoever was behind the whole situation.

A snap from a camera was heard and they both turned to see one of the male students holding the device with a shit-eating grin before realisation donned over the three of them that they hadn't got their target right.

If looks could kill, those boys would've already disintegrated.

The girl that was sitting on the other stairs was running towards the duo with a small smile of triumph but as she got closer, the scene cleared out and utter disappointment was displayed on her face and her hazel eyes as she marched past them and into the building. The small shove she gave to Arashi was barely noticeable but the silver-haired girl couldn't care less right then.

The three boys were running away towards another entrance. Kaoru breathed in, running after them, the ball in his hands and remembered Arashi's instructions. He kicked the ball with a barely accurate aim towards the last boy. He was sure it didn't fully get him but he heard a loud yelp and just that satisfied the smirking twin and his proud brother.

The students rushed to Arashi. Her face was flushed and she was terribly quivering.

"She needs to change her clothes," Haruhi reasoned. "I have an extra uniform in the club room that's almost her size. We have to hurry though. Lunch break's almost over."