Chapter 3

"You didn't come yesterday Arashi-san," Kieran, the Photography Club's leader noted with a small welcoming smile on his face and if Arashi hadn't known any better, she would've thought that there was a insidious meaning to that smile. But Kieran wasn't that kind of person, at least she hoped.

Kieran was a third-year foreign exchange student and was absolutely kind to Arashi. He wasn't judgemental although he could have a motherly side that scared anyone with enough brains.

Yes, Arashi gathered all of that during the short interview they had with her a few days ago. She thought that the other two members, Naoki and Takumi, brought out his character pretty well.

Lost

Half the truth was the safest way to go.

Kieran nodded in approval of the excuse and gestured for all the members to take a seat around the long mahogany table. There were some photographs of carnivals and amusement parks splayed haphazardly across the table.

Almost all the wood used in the school's property was mahogany, Arashi noticed.

Arashi glanced around at the art room that was probably no longer an art room. She heard it was the old one and was unused because of how small it was. Of course, when she said small, in the Rich language, it meant the size of her bedroom which was pretty big. Still, she loved what the members did with it. It was so simple yet so comfortingly perfect.

Canvases were hung and embedded into the walls so as a person looked around, all they saw were beautifully painted pictures. The bookshelves that were filled with art stuff which were transferred to the new art room was now filled with albums of previous photography clubs that went on trips around the world. There were also books on good techniques of taking a picture and whatnot. Kieran decided to keep some art books and sketchbooks. There was also a spare bookshelf for any books the members wanted to put and read in their free periods, while settling into the beanbags under the window.

Arashi smiled to herself. She'd like this to be her sanctuary. She locked her fingers together, barely listening to Kieran's words.

Actually, she'd love this to be her sanctuary.

⏳⌛⏳⌛⏳⌛

A student forgot their notebook on their desk.

Arashi chewed her lip in anxiety. God, she didn't know anyone besides the club members and Kyoya-san. And half of the time she spaced out during the period so she didn't really pay attention to who her classmates were.

Haruhi Fujioka

Who was that, she had no clue.

She sighed, coming to a quick kind-of-unreasonable decision. Kyoya seemed like the type to keep tabs on all people he might run in to.

And Kyoya was slightly amused when she came during club hours, having taken permission from Kieran to be absent for ten minutes.

"Came here to use me as your GPS again, Arashi-san?" he teased lightly, smirking as the red blush overtook her face.

She couldn't believe she didn't notice she hadn't talked to Kyoya unless it were to ask about where a place was. And then, she was going to ask where a person was. She grinned sheepishly.

Kind of.

She handed him the notebook and watched as gingerly held it and raised it to his eyes.

"Ah Haruhi," he mused, familiarity flashing through his eyes. He gestured to a brunette male sitting on a couch, entertaining some females with some words Arashi couldn't hear. But the girls around him seemed pretty engrossed. "Why don't you go give it to him? He did seem very fidgety and I am sure he'd like to thank you."