Chapter 18

"So."

Arashi sighed at her Raiden's tone. She could already feel the criticism pouring out if his mouth but her cousin surprised her when he sat down next to her and stayed silent for the next few minutes. Probably lost in thought.

She was visiting her mother like she did monthly and her friends which now included the Host Club had texted her to announce they were on their way to the mansion.

The cordial welcome she recieved still carried the same warmth everytime she'd come and visited her mother and her grandparents. They had memorised the food she liked to eat and the games she liked to play. It was her first sanctuary especially since Inazuma was also allowed to go with her and stay there each time, as a butler of course.

"Okay, so they found out about everything you knew and have the same questions you have and want to question Aunt Kaminari," Raiden concluded.

Arashi nodded.

"Well, at least you told somebody about this instead of just keeping it and harming yourself." He shrugged. "I mean you have it pretty bad."

Some people have it worse.

"Just shut up. You have it bad so you have it bad," he sighed out and pulled her into his embrace. "It's not wrong to think about yourself for once."

"Okay," she whispered against his shoulder before pulling away.

On another note, I have this adorable pansexual friend and I promised to introduce him to you.

She quickly pulled out her phone before Raiden could respond and showed him a picture of Naoki. She took it when she noticed his beautiful posture as he petted the dolphin that one time the Photography Club decided to have an outing as a club activity. His lips were stretched into a circle and his eyes were wide with innocence and curiousity. His honey blonde hair was whipping in the wind and showed his entire face. She remembered how he didn't hesitate to reach out his hands to all the animals they'd seen.

She moved her thumb to slide through the pictures, giving Raiden full five seconds to admire Naoki in each one of them and admire he did. Arashi was sure he was completely enamoured by the blonde boy.

"He's coming with the group you spoke about?" he asked after she had gone through all the images.

Arashi nodded, watching amusedly as his lips struggled to stay in straight line.

|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|

Her mother was supposedly having tea with Inazuma in the garden. Arashi knew they were good friends back when her mother was in her father's manor.

Inazuma told her stories and satisfied her with everything she wanted to know about her mother before she was allowed to visit her. She was naturally curious about the gorgeous woman in the pictures all around the place. Besides, she was jealous of everyone having a mom and dad whereas she only had a dad. It used to drive her crazy.

She turned the last corner and almost skipped to her mother if it hadn't been for the small shock she got.

Her butler, Inazuma, had his lips locked with her mother's soft plump ones. His arms were around her waist in a possessive grip while her hands were delicately placed on his neck. They shared a passionate and a longing kiss before Arashi's loud gasp broke them apart.

They exchanged quick glances and pulled at their clothes to busy their hands with something. Her mother looked like she was steeling herself for the unknown and gazed directly at her.

"Arashi, sweetheart," her mother murmured, holding her hands in front of her as though afraid she would run away but Arashi was more rational than that. And of course, her curiousity rose a level more than the usual for most people.

She reluctantly walked towards her and clutched one of her outstretched hands while her mother dropped the other one back to her side. She could see it be engulfed with Inazuma's own pale hand.

"I'll explain everything with the other things your friends want to ask because I'm certain it would be brought up." Kaminari sighed and pulled Arashi into her arms. "Oh my God, my heart is beating so fast. I'm so glad you're calm about this, Arashi."

Arashi kept her face blank. She was sure she was going to get a much bigger surprise later. The fact that she always noticed their little gestures and looks to each other every time she visited kind of lessened the shock but she still couldn't look at Inazuma properly. As though he was too much of an enigma for her brain to be able to decipher his presence.

She wondered if Raiden knew everything as well.

She doubted it. Raiden's parents abandoned him to her mother when he was seven so they could travel freely but they never came back and all of them were sure they didn't die but Raiden needed two years of therapy so he could get over his unappreciated line of thoughts. Arashi knew he struggled with believing that he was wanted and loved even with her mother showering him with affection daily. But no. He couldn't possibly know anything and she wouldn't bother asking.

She just had to wait.