Chapter 1

She began tending to the wounds of the five of seven who got hurt. She noticed the two who didn't get hurt, didn't seem to be much of fighters. They mostly kept her away from the fight, and safe. She carefully pulled a bullet from William's shoulder. "You know I've never done anything like this before right?" she asked.

He chuckled at her, "Trust me, I know. Your hands are shaking, and you seem nervous as if you're gonna make it worse rather than better. Don't worry so much. It can't be that hard. Just pull the bullet out and clean it up a bit, and I can have Nikoli there stitch it up," he said.

The supposed Nikoli raised his head with a small nod. He had rather short dark brown, almost black, hair with dark eyes. She nodded. "Then you can bandage it and whatnot after the stitches," William said.

She nodded softly again, unsure of what to say. The two unwounded were helping tend to everyone else’s wounds. Nikoli was one of the wounded. "So, I am housing you, and helping to tend to wounds, do I get to know names?" She asked somewhat timidly.

William gave a little nod, and pointed with the arm she wasn't tending to. First, he pointed to the two unwounded, one with really short brownish blondish hair, glasses, and blue eyes, "Alex," he gave a nod as William pointed to the other one, with medium brown hair, short in length, dark eyes, and glasses, "Josh," he gave a little wave of the hand and William continued to the wounded, two who looked identical, more than likely twins, with short jet-black hair and blue eyes.

The only difference really was one had more blue eyes, and the other's were closer to green, "Rex," the greener one nodded, "and Lucas, the twins," the other one waved a bit, "Then, he's Benjamin," the final guy was tall with medium length medium-light brown hair, glasses and blue eyes.

She nodded to herself, while softly applying an alcohol-covered wash cloth to William's bullet hole. He let out a soft hiss of pain, but tried to cover it up. She apologized, and softly dabbed all the way around the wound. Nikoli came over, limping softly due to a cut in the leg, and stitched William up, showing her how to as he did so. "I don't know how long we'll have to be here, but that needs stitches, happens often, so I want to teach you, so you can tend to those too," he said.

She nodded. Nikoli went back to sit down, leaving her to continue tending to William's wounds. She took a second wash clothe and put peroxide on it, softly dabbing the new stitches with it. Afterwards, she took antibiotic ointment, and applied it trying to be gentle with the wound. Once she had doctored the wound, she took bandages and wrapped his shoulder. She looked at his different cuts. A couple were deep, but not deep enough for stitches. She first doctored and dressed those cuts, before moving to the smaller ones. She finished adressing his wounds and seen that everyone else had either tended to themselves or been tended to by Josh and Alex. "So umm... sleeping arrangements," she thought for a minute.

William interrupted her thought process, "So do we get to know your name?" She blinked registering his question before feeling her face heat up.

"Oh um, Skylar. Skylar A. Anderson," she said.

"Well Skylar, how many rooms, all together, including everything except bathrooms, do you have?" Alex asked.

"Um. Well, there's my room, a guest bedroom, the kitchen, and the living room," she said.

He nodded thinking, "You keep your room. Josh, I and Benjamin will find a way to share the guest room, Rex and Lucas can share the living room, and William can decide where he wants," they all seemed to be wired to doing what William says and to letting William do what he wants.

William nodded, "I'll share your room with you, Skylar," he said.

As William followed her to her room she started blushing. She had to admit she was a little bit scared to be in the same room as a guy, having never shared a room or bed or anything of that sort with a guy. "Don't worry I'm not that kinda man I'm going to sleep on the floor," William consoled her with a little smile noticing her nervousness.

She smiled back shyly being relieved. His face quickly changed back to the stoic expression she was getting used to, as he gave an awkward cough, "So, do you um, have extra blankets and pillows anywhere?" he asked.

"Oh um... Yeah, I take it I should find some extras for the others too?" she asked.

"If you don't mind," he nodded.

She smiled sheepishly and went to the linen closet in the hall, pulling out a bunch of blankets and pillows. She finished handing them out to everyone, starting first with the twins in the living room, then the men in the guest room, before finally coming back to her room and handing the rest to William. She yawned and climbed into bed, pulling the covers up to her shoulders while lying on her side. "Hey um, Skylar?" William said.

"Yeah?" she yawned.

"Thank you. For letting us stay here and being so kind," he said, and it was clear he wasn't used saying thank you for things like that.

She nodded with a genuine small smile. "It's no problem," as she finished speaking she turned off her bedside lamp.

She heard William lie in her floor, and waited to fall asleep until she heard his faint, barely audible, snore, and slow breathes. She snuggled close to her pillow, curling under the blankets while falling asleep. Hours into the night, William was awoken by a scream. Habitually he jumped up, taking a defensive predatory stance immediately. He relaxed slightly as he realized where the source of the sound came from. He sat on the edge of her bed, unsure of what to do as she tossed and turned yelling something incoherently. "Skylar," he said softly, and she turned away from him, only to turn back a minute later.

"It's just a dream, wake up," he said.

The sleeping Skylar stayed unresponsive except for the tossing and turning. He slowly laid his hand down on her back and held her in place giving her a little shake. "Skylar," he said again.

She began to shake, as if in terror. William pulled Skylar into his lap, unable to wake her up, and began to rock, "Come on Skylar, it's just a dream, it's okay, everything's alright," he wasn't sure if it would help, but he thought that maybe it would, thinking it was what was usual to say in a situation like this.

She shook her head violently and tried to turn from him. "Skylar," he said a little louder, shaking her arm while still rocking.

She mumbled something in her sleep, and he pulled her close to him, holding the fragile form in front of him. "Everything will be okay Skylar, just wake up, please," he said.

It felt weird, to use the word please, but something about this girl, made him want to be gentle and kind. He didn't understand it. Skylar woke up, feeling someone's arms around her. She looked up, only to lock eyes with those blue eyes again. She blushed darkly and tried to back out of his arms. "U-Um I I thought y-you were sleeping on on the flo-floor," she stuttered, having never been in the same bed as a guy.