Chapter 7

The next morning it occurred to Skylar that she hadn’t asked William about when the wedding she had agreed to being his plus one for was. “Hey, um, William?” She asked quietly, unsure if he was awake yet or not.

“Yeah, Skylar?” He was apparently awake.

“When’s the wedding?” She blushed realizing how that might sound.

“I mean, the one, I’m being your plus one for?” She added shyly.

“Oh, right, I meant to tell you that. It’s tomorrow. I thought maybe I could take you out today to shop for an outfit, and maybe go to dinner, so that we could, um practice pretending to be a couple?” He questioned.

She nodded silently. “Or maybe so we could actually go on a date…” William kept his thoughts to himself, not wanting anyone to know that he liked Skylar.

He knew that his life, of danger, and gangs, would never be the life for her, he couldn’t drag her into that, even if she liked him back, she couldn’t handle that life style. He just knew it. “William,” Skylar said a bit loudly, as he snapped out of his thoughts. “Huh?” he replied.

She gave a little shy smile, “I um, I asked when you wanted to go shopping, and um, what kind of outfit I should get. Like, formal, or semi-formal, or casual, or,” he smiled, cutting her nervous rambling off.

“Semi-formal, the bride doesn’t want anyone going all out, except herself, the groom, the bridesmaids, and the groomsmen.” She nodded.

“When to leave?” She questioned.

“Well I guess we can leave now unless...” William trailed off and looked at Skylar with a shy and hungry kind of look.

“Unless?” She questioned.

He gave a sheepish, shy smile,  “You want to make your delicious breakfast again?” he said, his voice coming out as a question, as he admitted that he was hungry, and wanted her cooking.

“I guess I can make something for us, then after we eat, we can go ahead and go.” She said with a shy smile, enjoying the idea of William liking her cooking.

William followed Skylar into the kitchen, and quietly watched her move around the kitchen. She brought out pancake batter, eggs, sausage, ramen noodles, stuff for French Toast, and cereal. “What do you want?” She questioned.

“Um,” he thought, not expecting her to ask him, “How about uh, well, I kinda like the idea of pancakes, but that’s what you made yesterday,” he answered softly.

Again, his voice being so soft surprised her. “How about waffles?” She asked, going to get stuff for waffles instead.

He gave a little nod, smiling a little. “Sure,” he said happily.

She gave him a little smile and began making waffles. She noticed him staring off into space, and not paying attention to her, as she was cooking. “Hmm… He’s not paying attention, he wouldn’t notice if I came towards him with batter and smeared it on him…” she thought to herself, smiling deviously as she thought about it.

She silently took some batter on her finger, and moved closer to him. He didn’t turn, or seem to notice. She moved closer, almost able to touch him now, and he still wasn’t paying attention. She moved quickly, smeared the batter on him, and ran away quickly. Well, at least, she tried to. He caught her wrist, and pulled her back, causing her to blush. He watched her face heat up and turn red, and smirked a little, pulling her with him towards where the bowl of waffle batter. “No!” her voice squeaked a little.

He smirked more, and pulled her closer to him as she squirmed and tried to get away. “Ah-ah-ah,” he cooed, slowly dipping his finger in the batter bowl, getting it on his finger, and smearing it over her nose.

She stopped moving blushing darkly. “Hey, Skye? Do you ha-” Kaitlyn’s voice stopped mid-sentence as she walked in the kitchen.

Hope followed Kaitlyn into the kitchen, and stopped behind her, “Ooh la la,” she said, smirking at the two standing really close to each other.

William still held Skylar’s wrist in his hand, above their heads, his other arm wrapped around her waist, holding her to him, with a smirk. Skylar, looked over at Kaitlyn and Hope, suddenly realizing how this must look. “I-It’s not like that,” she said blushing extremely, and trying again to get away.