Chapter 11

By the time they’d got home, neither of them had said anything, and the awkward silence continued between them. William was thinking to himself, and wondering why he felt this way about a girl he met only a week ago, if that. He had never felt that way about any girl, even the ex getting married. Skylar was deep in thought wondering why William was so silent, and what he was thinking about. She contemplating having upset him with her answer, but knew that couldn’t be it.
    “Hey Skylar, would you like to play some kinda game?” he questioned her.
    “Sure, can we play a board game? I haven’t played a board game in a long time,” she smiled slightly.

William looked through all the board games with a nod, and picked up Monopoly, “How about Monopoly?” He inquired.

She nodded, “Yeah, sure, but it’s kind of boring with just two people.”

He agreed, “True. You wanna see if the others want to play?”

“Sure, Kaitlyn! Faith!” She yelled, and they came running in, “Yeah?” They asked in unison.

“Two questions. One, how long you gonna be here? Two, do you want to play Monopoly?” They both chuckled.

“Trying to get rid of us?” Faith asked.

“No, just, got a full house already,” she said, with a slight smile.

Faith and Kaitlyn nodded understanding. “Well, I have work tomorrow, and Faith has to go back to her parents’ to help watch some babies, so from there, we’ll probably go home,” Kaitlyn said, and Faith nodded in agreement, “as for the Monopoly, sure why not.”

As the three got the board ready. William was on the couch sweating and breathing hard. He had endure it for as long as he can so that Skylar didn’t see it. He was sick or came down with something. “William are you okay” Skylar said in a worried tone. “ Yeah I’m fine I’m just overheated a little bit.” He was Obviously lying. “You sure you don’t look well at all.” “I’m sure Skylar go ahead and play Monopoly. I’m just going to lay down for a bit.” He grabbed a pillow and put it over his head and starts to drift off into an uneasy sleep. He was sitting up while he was sleeping. His body temperature was dropping back to normal. His soft snores were very hard to hear. Skylar and her friends had finish playing there game. Her friends had left and Williams men were out doing little jobs to help Skylar. It was William and her alone. She was tired and cold she thought to herself “I hope he wouldn’t mind me laying on him I’m cold, good enough excuse if he asks.” She gently and softly lays her head down on his shoulder and cuddling with him to keep cold body warm. She falls asleep peacefully. For some reason why she didn’t know that the leader of a gang made her feel so safe.