Chapter 5

Skylar and William were at the mall in no time. “Where shall we start?” Skylar questioned, mostly to herself.

William shrugged, “I’m not much of a mall guy,” he said.

She rolled her eyes and drug him to Rue 21. She made him go try on several different shirts, and a few pairs of jeans. “Hmm…” her thoughts trailed, “I like these jeans, and these shirts,” she picked up two pairs of jeans and four shirts before nodding.

They checked out, and went on to the next store, Armani Jeans, to find him some more good pairs of jeans. Ten pairs later, they purchased seven. “I think that’s enough jeans,” William said.

Skylar nodded in agreement, and continued on to Old Navy to look at shirts, jackets, and hoodies. William lost track of how many he tried on. They settled on fourteen shirts. Seven short sleeve, four long sleeve, and three muscle shirts. Two jackets, one heavy, one light, and three hoodies. Skylar and William went into a couple different stores just looking and playing around. As they were finishing their shopping, some guy came up, "Hello beautiful," he said, grabbing Skylar's arm.

William being protective, grabbed the man's arm and pushed his hand upward on the back of his elbow. With a sickening snap it broke, William bashed the stranger's head against the concrete wall. William looked at the guy's friend standing beside them, and said, "If you dare touch her or even look at her you're going to end up like your friend here. Now get lost before I change my mind," his voice was flaring with anger.

Without thinking about it, William grabbed Skylar's hand, like a couple would, and started to walk to a different store, Hot Topic. They walked through the aisles while William’s grip was tight on Skylar's hand. “W-William?” Skylar was hesitant.

William's eyes flickered shut then open before landing on her. “Yeah?” he asked.

“You walked in the nerd store and u-um you're holding my hand,” she said shyly.

“Yeah. I don't like assholes flirting with people I consider friends, plus never know when they might be one of Jake’s men trying to get you. So, for now, you're my girlfriend. At least, pretend. What do you mean by nerd store though?” he answered.

She felt her cheeks heat up as she just nodded before pointing around. Pokemon, Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. All kinds of different things themed as all kinds of shows. Plushies, phone cases, cups, clothes, etc. He looked straight to the Pokemon section. There was a giant Pikachu plushie three quarters the size of Skylar. “Oh my Satan…” his voice trailed off as his cheeks tinted pink and he went to the plushie.

Skylar followed confused and William picked the plushie up and immediately walked to the counter. He bought the plushie and carried it smiling like a 4 year old who just got his favorite toy ever on Christmas morning. “Wow. I guess Pokemon or Pikachu is his soft spot… He went from angry as fuck to a little kid in 0.5 seconds.” She thought.

Adorable. She added to her thoughts. They continued to the vehicle and went home, William smiling the entire time. As they were driving back to Skylar’s house. William looked at Skylar and said, “Thank you for helping me get new clothes.”

She responded, “You’re welcome,” with gratitude in her voice. “Hey Skylar?” asked William asked his tone one of happiness.

“What?“ confusion and wonder laced through her voice as to why he’d asked so happily. “I Got a PIKACHU plushie!” he said extremely happily with a childish tone to his voice.

She looked at him shocked at his expression and what he said. She began to smile and giggle responding with “I know,” as her thoughts went to how cute, childish, and cute he was being. Graaaaaaawwwwlll William looked down knowing that his stomach was the one making noises. Not even looking at her Willam feeling embarrassed asked “ Can we get something to eat.”

Skylar looked at him and smiled “Sure, how about Taco Bell.” she said with happiness in her voice as if she really liked Taco Bell.

William blushed as he watched her get very excited by this one restaurant. “I like Taco Bell, so yeah let’s go there and eat,” he answered as his stomach growled again.

Skylar smiled and headed to Taco Bell. Skylar headed to the counter, but William stopped her, “I have some money Skylar, I’ll buy it.” William went up to the guy that was taking orders.

“Can I help you?” inquired the employee. “ Yes I would like two quesadillas, both steak, mild on the sauce, and…” he trailed off looking to Skylar, “What do you want Skylar?” Skylar got closer to William, hiding behind him, and whispered it.

William looked at her as she got even shyer,”She wants a crunch wrap, and a steak quesadilla.”

William and Skylar sat down with their food, seated across from each other. William started to look at her and he couldn’t help but smile. “Wh-why are you smiling?” Skylar asked shyly.

He smirked, “You’re so shy and it's adorable.”

She felt her cheeks heat up and just looked down going back to eating. He ate while watching her shyness. He noted how she’d occasionally peek up to see if he was still watching or not and would begin to blush more quickly going back to eating.  “This almost feels like a date… And I kinda like it,” He thought to himself with a smile.