Chapter 8

He let her this time. He hated letting her go, but he wouldn’t admit that, not to her, not to anyone. William took a seat in one of the stools in the kitchen, staying close to Skylar, without being too close. “An-Anyway, Kaitlyn, what were you wanting?” Skylar tried to strengthen her voice, feeling shy.

“Oh, um, right, do you have any rubbing alcohol? I was gonna clean up Nikoli’s cuts again.” Skylar nodded, “In the bathroom, the cabinet above the towels. Would you like some coffee, and could you see if anyone else wants coffee too?” Kaitlyn started to walk away towards the bathroom, and Skylar put on a pot of coffee.

Kaitlyn came back momentarily to say that other people did want coffee. Hope and Alex were big coffee drinkers too. She already knew that about Hope, but she had no idea about any of the men in her house. “Do you want coffee William?” she asked, only to see his nose scrunch in disgust, “No, thank you, I don't drink coffee, it's just nasty.” She nodded her understanding and went back to cooking.

She finished cooking, and made William a plate, sliding it over to him across the table he’d sat at to wait. “Aren’t you going to eat?” He inquired.

“No… I’m not really hungry,” she responded, but he didn’t seem to believe her, especially considering her stomach picked that moment in time to growl.

“You need to eat Skylar,” his voice was velvety, laced with concern and compassion.

“I’m really not hungry,” she insisted. “Skylar…” his voice trailed into complete concern, but became sterner.

“I’m not,” she was persistent, and that became very clear to him very quickly. “Skylar,  your stomach just growled, there is no way you aren’t hungry,” she seen something in his eyes now that she hadn’t before, and became curious.

She couldn’t place what the look he had was, she wanted to, but she couldn’t for the life of her. “Fine…” her voice trailed off softly, as she made herself a small plate, and sat across from William at the table.

“Thank you,” he said before going back to eating silently.

They ate their food in a comfortable silence. Skylar pushed her plate away. “I’m full,” she stated.

William nodded, just happy that she actually ate something. “Ready to go?” He asked her.

She nodded in reply. They began to walk towards the car together, “So where we going shopping?” She asked.

“The mall,” he said.

“We were just there!” She exclaimed.

He stuck his tongue out at her in a childish manor. She couldn’t help the fact that everything he did seemed to surprise her. He was the leader of a gang, and here, he was acting like a cute little three year old sticking his tongue out at her comments, it surprised her a lot, honestly. He must of realized she was lost in her thoughts because he licked her cheek. “EWWWWWW!” she squealed out, and started rapidly wiping the saliva off her face.

She couldn’t believe he seriously had just licked her face. He started laughing, and her nose scrunched, hating the fact that he was laughing at her. “Whyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?” she drug the word out purposefully.

He shrugged and her brow furrowed. “You licked me and you don’t even know why you did it?”

He started laughing again. “Oh I can play that way if you want to play that way,” she thought to herself.

He noticed her thoughtful look, “What?”

She gave him an ‘innocent’ smile, “Oh nothing.”

He was confused, but she continued to refuse answering even as he asked repeatedly, getting to an annoying point. Though if she admitted it to herself, she didn’t find it all that annoying. In fact, though she wouldn’t admit it to anyone else, she found it cute. “Skylaaaaaar,” he begged for an answer.

“I’m not thinking about anything,” she answered and smiled again.

He sighed, “Okay, fine,” he reluctantly gave up.

They got out of the car, having just arrived at the mall, and went inside. As they walked, Skylar looked at the different store titles. Many of them she’d never actually gone in. “Where we goin’?” she questioned.

“You’ll see when we get there,” he answered.

“Oh… Okay,” she said, and continued following him, still confused.

“Don’t worry,” he gave a little chuckle.

She felt her face heat up just a little, and couldn’t believe her mind. “God, that chuckle is adorable, I love hearing him chuckle,” she thought to herself.

She shook her head, and he noticed her.