Chapter 10

They walked through the store, looking at different clothing from different stores. She looked at different things looking for the perfect outfit. "William, what kind of outfit do I need?" she asked.

"Well. It's semi-formal so I don't know something nice but not really dressy," he responded.
    She thought about his answer while looking through outfits. He noticed a dress that caught her eye. She stared for a minute then started to blush and kept walking. He could tell she liked the dress. He had to admit he liked it too, and would love seeing her in it. It was charcoal black with red accents. There was a red ribbon in the back that kept it closed, or so it seemed. There was a little zipper under the ribbon. There was a rose on each shoulder, each red, and the lower portion of the skirt part was red with a big black rose in the middle. He pondered for a second before making a decision. He walked up to the clerk, "I have a dress I'd like to buy to surprise that girl over there," he gestured to Skylar, "but I can't buy it right now while she's with me. Is there any way you could place it on hold for me?"

The clerk looked indecisive. "Well, I normally don't put things on hold for anyone..." his voice trailed off, before picking up with a cough, "but I will do that for you sir."

William smiled, "Thank you sir," knowing that his silent threat had gotten across.

He didn't quite know how to explain why but he wanted to do everything in his power to make this girl happy. William walked briskly to the dress picked up the size for Skylar, having had her tell him sizes for clothes to go to the wedding and doing the little math in his head. He took the dress up to the clerk without her knowing. "Thank you sir," William said, leaving so he could catch up to Skylar.

He noticed some button down shirts. "Hey Skylar, c'mere," he called.

Skylar walked towards him. "Yeah?" she asked.

He pulled off two different shades of blue plaid, a red, two shades of green, and a lavender purple. "Try these on," he said.

She muttered, "So demanding," while taking the shirts from him and walking to the changing room.

One after one she 'modeled' them for him. "Hmm..." she frowned at this.

"What? All of them look bad?" she asked.

He rolled his eyes, "No. They all look good. I'm thinking try the dark blue, light green, and the red with a black tee under them," he said.

She went and found a plain black t-shirt, and then went back to the dressing rooms. "So?" she asked.

He grabbed the light green shirt, the black t-shirt, and purchased them. After making their purchase they headed to the next store. They found some dark blue jeans with fray in the thighs, dark blue jeans no fray no holes, a pair of light blue jeans with frayed thighs, and a pair of grayish black jeans with frayed thighs. "Try them on," he said.

She did as asked. He pondered the options. "Grayish black with fray," he said.

She nodded. They purchased the jeans and headed to the food court. William sniffed the air as they made it to the food court. “Mmmm it smells good,” as William said as he held Skylar’s hand and made her rush towards one of the food stalls.

“Do you think we can eat here Skylar?” she looked at William thinking.

She finally responded with “I don’t like barbeque.”

William smiled at her, “That’s alright. We’ll go wherever you want to go.” She smiled back, “Okay...” She said confused that he wasn’t upset seeing as he really seemed to want barbeque.

After searching through the food court for a while they found a food stall that she wanted to go too. It was a place that sold pizza. She ordered a Hawaiian style, pineapples and canadian bacon. He ordered a cheese. They started to head back home and it was dead silent. This was awkward for the both of them. “Hey Skylar?” inquired William with a curious tone in his voice

“Yeah?” she responded curious as to his inquiry.

“Why did you agree to join me?” She honestly didn’t know how to answer.