Legendary Hero (Yami)

Sinlau is a nice, gentle kingdom in its generality

Sinlau is a nice, gentle kingdom in its generality. The villagers go about their day to day life with rarely any problems whatsoever, while the royalty of the castle rules over them with undying loyalty and wish for protection. 

But let's not forget that now and then, a monster or another makes an appearance. To everyone's fortune, though, there were heroes among the villagers ready to protect the people from any of these dangers.

And yet, to Alvae's misfortune, none of those heroes seemed to be around.

She ran, and ran, and ran, as fast as she could from the menacing Cyber Dragon that was chasing her down the forest.

"Help!" She yelled. "Help!!!"

There was nothing she could do but run and dodge any attacks. But she was already getting tired and her legs were feeling weaker every second, she was pretty sure she'd be done for in little time. Still, she kept running hoping to lose it somewhere in the trees.

"HELP!" She yelled one final time, and then, as if on cue, some trees began to snap.

The Cyber Dragon stopped in its tracks and looked around, intrigued by the noise. Alvae tripped down, barely able to move her legs anymore, and stared at the dragon in fear. Lucky for her, it was too busy looking for the source of the noise.

Alvae also looked around wondering what had saved her for the time being. Then, a little monster stepped out from behind a bush. Alvae had expected to see something huge and tough, but what she saw was the opposite. A small, brown hairball, with green little arms and feet, and two glowing little eyes. 

"A... A Kuriboh?!"

Alvae began to fear for her life again, and this time it was worse since her body was worn out from all the running. How on earth was a Kuriboh going to save her?

When the Cyber Dragon was about to approach the Kuriboh and destroy it, the latter began to multiply. Three, five, ten, then Alvae wasn't even able to count them anymore. The Dragon kept trying and trying to destroy them all with the fire, but more hairballs kept on appearing. 

Then, something changed. Something new appeared. Alvae had only seen this monster once or twice, but heard of it many times.

"Dark Magic Attack!"

Upon the command given by an unkown male voice, the Dark Magician that had just appeared behind the infinite Kuribohs swinged his staff, and his magic made the Cyber Dragon vanish.

At last, Alvae's life had been saved.

The Dark Magician looked over at her as the Kuriboh began disappearing. Though he was a monster in the dark category, Alvae couldn't help but notice the gentle expression in the Magician's eyes. She smiled at him warmly, even though she was still in a bit of a shock. Then, the Dark Magician faded away.

And behind him was a man.

Alvae gasped silently, and gulped. She didn't know if she was happy to see him or not, especially since this wasn't the first time they'd met.