Purity and Respect (Rafael)

Day 35 on this island

Day 35 on this island. Those two idiots are still fighting over anything.

I have to admit, it's actually quite miraculous that almost right after Dartz took me in, he promoted me to one of his most trusted Doma. Many privileges can come along with that, but I also have to tolerate these two knobheads all day.

Sometimes I really wish I could work with Rafael instead of them... Rafael, for whom I've had a soft spot since I met him.

"Those two," a deep male voice says. "If you leave them alone, they might destroy the island, right?"

I turn around to see Rafael right on queue. It's as though he read my thoughts, which causes me to lightly chuckle.

"You say that like they're little kids," I reply.

"They're close to being that."

Rafael then stands next to me. Every time he's this close to me, I get goosebumps. I'm lucky I have my black coat over my arms, otherwise he'd notice.

It's just, I never get to spend much time with Rafael. But whenever I see him, I can almost feel the mystery he depicts. There is so much to him, and I'd like to know it all.

"Rafael?" I ask him.

"Yes?"

"What do you say we go somewhere else?"

He raises an eyebrow lightly. "Are you sure it's a good idea?"

"What, are you worried about these two?" I gesture to the red haired boy and his brown haired friend. "They won't do anything serious. Now come on."

Rafael agrees and the two of us go elsewhere without being noticed by our two fellow henchmen. We walk silently to the other side of the fortress, where we can get an amazing view of the sea, unobstructed by anything. I sit down on the ground and let the gentle breeze hit me. I notice Rafael hesitates to sit on the ground next to me, but to my surprise, he does it anyway.

"Why did you bring me out here?"

I open my eyes and look at him,  and blush a light shade of pink.

"I just..." I start. "I never get to spend much time with you and if it's okay with you, I... I'd like to get to know you better."

Rafael seems puzzled at first, but then a gentle smile comes on his face, which makes my heart melt completely. 

"Alright," he says. "What do you want to know?"

I jut my chin slightly while looking at the sea. "What's your favorite color?"

Rafael begins to laugh.

"What?!" I ask with a bright blush.

He looks at me for a second with a bright smile; I think it's the first time I've seen him smiling like this.