Quiet at the Top (Seto Kaiba)

And here I am at another lame party, with lots of lame old bussinessmen who talk money, money, money.

Ugh, I hate this environment. Why are the people running the big enterprises such snobs?!

The only upside to this stupid party is that it's an excuse to dress up in a fabulous dress and look drop dead gorgeous. It would be nicer, though, if there were people of my age, but there are none; at least I have my phone with me to keep chatting with friends.

Well, I was mistaken. There is one guy my age.

Seto Kaiba.

But he's also a CEO so, I doubt he'll even take a notice of me.

Seto and I have known each other since we were kids. The day he got adopted, my father visited Gozoburo Kaiba and brought me along with him for business reasons (ugh I'm starting to hate that word). I met both Seto and Mokuba that day, and we sort of hit it off. For weeks, the three of us would play around in the gardens, until Seto was forced to study non stop and pursue a future in business.

Since then, the times I've spoken to Seto are scarce. But still, he has that sweet spot in my heart. I had a crush on him back then, and right now, it's only getting bigger.

I mean, look at him... And Bruno Mars' "That's what I like" playing in the background isn't helping. It's bad enough Seto's brown hair contrasts perfectly with his deep blue eyes. His body is perfectly built, and that pitch black tuxedo is... Oh. My. Gawd.

I snap out of it. I wouldn't wanna be caught drooling over a CEO.

While taking a sip out of my Baileys, I flutter my eyelids avoiding looking back at Seto, and then I sigh. I really want to go up to him, talk to him, but I'm a nobody here. I have no ties to Seto or anyone, except the ones my father has with the companies. So I'm on my own here.

Then, from across the room and as if we were in a crappy romantic comedy, my eyes meet Seto's. I feel a slight blush, but a smile involuntarily paints itself on my face. Seto closes his eyes with a slight nod and I can just barely see a smirk forming on his lips, and after that he takes a sip of his own drink.

And I melt.

I'm about to set all stereotypes and ties aside and make my way over to him, if it wasn't for my father along with two men blocking my way.

"Dear, these are the business workers I was talking to you about," my father says.

"Uh-huh," I say trying to dodge. "Nice to meet you."

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks. "I told you, you could learn a lot from them before you go off to university."

"And I've told you, I want nothing to do with business corporations, with all due respect."

Unless what I'm doing is Seto (say wha?!)...

"Leave that rebellious nonsense aside, daughter, and please just listen. Please."

I sigh and try my best not to look annoyed (for the sake of not being scolded when I get home). "Alright."

And the two dudes begin to talk nonstop about their careers, their university, their first job, how they got rich.

Ugh. I'm borrrrreeeddddddddd.

My eyes drift over to the side, and for a second I see Seto walking by, looking over at me. He chuckles, and I look back at these two men talking to me pointlessly trying to get me interested in becoming a high executive of some corporation.

Boring.

"Excuse me?"

I was too distracted in my own thoughts to see Seto stop behind them. He's easily taller then all three.