CHAPTER THREE // BEST FRIEND BUBBLE UP

Beth just stared at me. Like staring at me would help ease the extreme panic or maybe... maybe Elizabeth Saltz was panicking too. In my personal opinion, she should have been panicking as well. Hell, I was pretty sure I was way past panic. I was in some sort of panic endued solitude that only really messed up people went to.

Then she ran to the bathroom, zooming past me and I heard her socks skim the tile as she stopped at the sink, likely staring at it in disbelief. It should have really been impossible and it sort of felt like a nightmare and then, this was it, it was my good luck coming to an end and it had started the day I had met Ean Hunter and a reindeer.

Elizabeth tiptoed out and stopped beside me, “It's positive.” Her voice was a soft whisper, she knew I was angry, panicked and likely almost in cardiac arrest.

“Great.” I mean really, it's just what I needed... not.

“How did this happen, Amy? I mean earlier... I was just being me, I didn't actually think...”

I turned to her and stared, “You knew. You even said his name.”

“Yeah, but I just thought maybe you were super sick. No one ever gets pregnant when they're saved by some guy in the middle of a snow storm.”

I swallowed, “So, what you're saying is I'm a slut?”

She shook her head then, sort of like a bobble head in a huge earth quake, I wanted to stop her but I was in too much endued panic to function.

“Amy, I just thought you were on birth control. I mean...”

“Yes!” I shot, snapping, “I am! I'm on the most expensive birth control. I'm on a schedule, this type of thing should never happen! I'm suing that doctor.”

Elizabeth seemed get nervous, “So... so, you're going to keep it?”

My eyes flashed up to her's, “No!”

She took in a sharp breath, “No?”

“No, of course not! It's some guy's baby...”

“Well,” Beth started, “Not quite as bad as a one night stand.”

“I haven't spoke to him once. He's made no attempt...” I stopped myself before my outpour of potential feelings bubbled, “I'm not irresponsible. He obviously is, but I will not be anywhere near that ride!” I clarified and grabbed my bowl of soup before marching to the couch and sitting back down. I ate a few bites and stared intently at the blank television screen.

Beth eventually followed me, sitting down beside me with soup and we both ate in some awkward silence. She should have been understanding the need not to keep it. I wasn't mother material and I defiantly was not single mother material, it was fair to say I just wasn't any type of mother material.

“Amy, are you sure?”

I smiled, “Defiantly. Plus, I can hardly work. I need to work, Doug will fire me.”

“Doug won't fire you.” Beth breathed.

“Oh, yes, he will.”

“Amy...” She finished her soup and turned to me, “You spent three days with Ean... err....”

My boiling over eyes must have got to her with the mention of his name again.

She swallowed, “...and he got you pregnant.”

“So?” I snapped, “Obviously, it's to teach me a lesson. A big one, I might add! Do not sleep with bush men!”

She sighed.