CHAPTER NINE // DRIVE ME INSANE

“You did what?” Beth stared at me.

I cringed, my nose wrinkling up funny, “I bought his house...”

“You bought his house. Like as in, you own his house!” She wasn't blinking, that wasn't a good sign.

“Well, no, I don't own it yet but he accepted the offer.”

“Of course, he did, you offered thirty thousand over asking. He probably didn't even look over the papers!” She exclaimed, “Oh god, oh god! Amy!”

I dropped my head to my knees where I sat on the couch, grumbling to myself now.

“Amy! I can't believe you did this three weeks ago and didn't say a damn thing!”

“Well,” I looked up, “I was freaking out.”

“You were freaking out?” Her eyes were pulsing now, “Amy, you're pregnant with his baby and just bought his house... all without him knowing!”

I twitched, that was all very true. There's always hindsight, so... in hindsight, maybe it hadn't been the best course of action but at least his house was safe.

“Why did you feel compelled to buy his house!”

“Cause the little skank wanted it!” I blurted out.

She let out a squeak and covered her mouth, amusement now all over her.

I rolled my eyes, “That house is beautiful, okay? Ean doesn’t actually want to sell it.”

“Amy, you haven't even talked to him!” Beth exclaimed, “You don't know what he wants!”

“I know!” I snapped back, “I just know he doesn’t want to sell it.”

She shook her head at me, smiling still, “You're losing it. You need to talk to him. Like now. I mean, yesterday would have been perfect or the day before that or the day before that or... maybe, Amy, you should have told him you loved him back at Christmas!”

I stared at her, wide eyed and feeling like I was getting pecked at by chickens.

“I don't love him.” I said quickly.

She began to laugh at me.

“What?” I stared at her, “I don't...”

“Amy...” She choked, still laughing.

“I don't, Beth! I don't even know him!”

She snorted now, “Oh my god, this is hilarious!”

“I don't love him!” I said again, “I don't. I don't love him!”

“Amy!” She leaned across my leather couch and grabbed my knees, “You said you saved his house from a skank.

“She was.” I retorted.

“Amy!” Beth laughed again.

“Okay, really!” I snapped, “You can stop laughing. This isn't funny!”

“Yes, it's hilarious!” She started to hug her stomach, “Oh god... I'm going to die. You bought his house... you're pregnant with his... ha!”

“Beth!” I basically yelled.

She stopped and looked to me, “Okay, it's okay. You need to talk to him though.”

“I can't.” I told her.

Beth still tried to wipe the smile off her face, “Why?”

“He's working.”

“Where?” She made a face.