13

Tapping on his steering wheel, Cameron wondered how much longer Sharon was going to take. It had been half an hour since he had arrived and ten minutes since he had found a parking space. And within that time, she was still not done. She had told him that the queue was long when he had last called her. With it being a Saturday, he could believe her. But he was impatient.

Logan had dropped a bomb on him last night, or early this morning. He was still processing and absorbing. Not that he was even close to absorbing everything. He didn't even know whether he believed his teammate but the accusations were serious. So serious that he was considering calling his lawyers and pay their exorbitant consultation fees. But before he did anything, he wanted to talk to Sharon.

He didn't know why she was the only person he wanted to talk with about this. He was violently reminded of their short acquaintance, barely into their third week of knowing each other. And yet, despite all that, she was first person he had thought of when he wanted a second opinion. He had almost woken her up when he had returned this morning but, even in his inebriated state, he knew that was not appropriate. Which was why he had forced himself to sleep and wait until a more socially acceptable time.

However, when he had woken up, he had been livid to find her gone. All the uncertainty and repressed worry had morphed into rage. He had been ready to tear a strip off her when she had answered the phone. But she had defused his anger with her use of logic. His mind had been diverted from the anger when she had presented a perfectly rational reason, effectively derailing his anger and disconcerting him.

Roughly running his hand over his face, Cameron was officially tired of waiting. And he was not a patient person in the first place. Grabbing his phone, he got out and was about to head to the entrance when he noticed her heading his way with her full cart. He leaned against his door, waiting for her to reach him when he noticed someone, a man, tailing her. Putting on his sunglasses, he stood up straight and eyed the man. He was slight, visible even with the coat he was wearing, and quite short, half a feet taller than Sharon at most. His brown hair was covered with a beanie and his eyes seemed to be fastened on Sharon's butt.

Eyes narrowing, he spared Sharon a smile when she greeted him and moved to the trunk, preparing to deck the man if he began to move faster or acted in any way more suspicious. He was so focused on the man that he was shocked when Sharon began talking to him as she unloaded the cart.

Did she know him?

Stunned, he was rooted to the ground, watching the man help her. But it was when Sharon began to laugh that he moved. Stalking to the back, he roughly took the bag out of the man's hands and stowed it away. His irritation grew when Sharon continued talking to man, allowing him to touch her hand and shoulder. They seemed to be having a rousing discussion about types of vegetables and fruits and their seasons. Mentally scoffing while he made sure everything was placed properly, he had to wonder at the man's flirting skills. Turning back to Sharon after he closed the trunk door, he frowned.

Why was the man still here? Clearly, he was no longer needed. All the groceries had been stowed away, not that he had been of much help since he'd just thrown the items everywhere. Sharon was even heading to her side of the car, indicating she was wanted to leave, and,yet, the man was still there, talking to her.

He knew she wasn't interested in him. She always kept a distance between them, not moving to flirtatiously touch the man or laugh at his jokes. He could tell her laugh now was more out of politeness than any real mirth. So why was she still entertaining this loser?

Narrowing his eyes when he heard her laugh again, he had to repress the urge to get between Sharon and the man. He was an adult. He was mature. He was above middle school antics. So he did what any adult male would do. He got into his car and turned on the most offensive song he had. It just so happened the song had a very strong bass. So the car was actually shaking from the song.