27 (NEW)

Cameron had been in a bad mood all day. His shoulders ached, his stomach grumbled and his head ached. Ached so bad that he had the strongest urge to bang his head on the wall. But he continued down the hall, barely resisted the urge. Just barely.

The worst part was that he didn't know what caused all of them. It was certainly not because of the therapy. He wasn't doing any strenuous activity, unless sex counted. He was even sleeping early most days. But still, they occurred.

All of them had slowly started a couple of months back and he had no idea what caused them. At first, they were not noticeable but now, as they increased intensity over time, he was driven up the wall with discomfort. Not even having sex helped.

And now, he had to go back to the clinic on a free day for some check-up or something. He really didn't know what that was about but, still, he was there. Truthfully, he had planned to skip this. But there was a loud voice that drove him out of his apartment to honor the appointment. And the voice sounded suspiciously like Sharon.

Sharon who was right in front of him.

Feeling as if he was in a dream, he had to blink twice to make sure that it was her. It wasn't that he had forgotten what she had looked like but she looked different. For one thing, she was smaller. Wait, smaller was not the right word. It was more accurate to say that she had slimmed down. Slimmed down drastically.

Was she not eating? Was she not taking care of himself? Had his absence pushed her over the edge? Worry and concern filling him, he called out to her

And all his bad mood disappeared when he saw her smile. It was like a breath of fresh air in the smoggy city. He could even smell the flowers in the corridor.

"Cameron,"she responded brightly. "I thought you won't be in for the day." Approaching him with her wide smile, she stopped mere feets in front of him. Uneasiness filled him. He wasn't sure but it seemed like she was keeping a distance from him. Her next question distracted him. "So what are you doing here? Meeting your girlfriend?"

"Right. My girlfriend. Ah, I'm not here to visit her. We kinda keep our work and personal life separate,"he responded quickly, his heart beating fast and sweat dripping from his back. Guilt was twining all over his body and making him panicky.

But there was no reason to be guilty in the first place. He knew that. Yet the feeling persist. Was it because he had moved out without a word to her? Well, technically, they weren't officially living together. He was just squatting at Scott's apartment while she lived there at the same time. Speaking of which, he wondered how she was doing.

"Oh. Right. Of course. She has to professional at work, right? Since you're a client and all." Sharon's reaction was suspect but he wasn't able to concentrate on the conversation. His eyes were checking her out. Travelling left and right, up and down. There were so many changes that he wasn't sure if he wasn't dreaming this up.

The next change that he noticed was her outfit. It was a pant suit, pale pink blazer with silk inner top and pale pink pants. The suit fits her much better now, hugging her curves and chest. Her huge chest that was out for everyone to see. Alarm flashing in his head, he wanted to wrap her in a blanket and throw her deep inside his closet. Keep her hidden.

Knowing that was ridiculous, he shook off that feeling. Then his eyes travelled down to her feet and he was further assailed with shock. She was wearing heels. Sharon who had sworn off heels.Sharon­­ who sneered at other women who wore heels. Sharon who bemoaned the need to wear heels for her new role. And now, she was comfortably wearing them with no complains or tears.

"You're wearing heels now,"he couldn't help but comment. She appeared visibly surprised by his observation but her lips quirked up in a rueful smile.

"Yeah. I knuckled down under peer pressure and got one. But it's a tiny one. Little baby heels,"she pointed out. She brought one of her legs up and resting it against the other thigh to show him the small heel. Then after letting go of her leg, she regained her footing and gestured to her face. "And look, I'm even wearing make-up. I don't look half bad, right?"

He was in a state of shock when she told him about the heels. But the makeup made him near catatonic. He wasn't sure he was hearing clearly at all. Makeup?! That had been her biggest gripe about work. And now, she's wearing some? Mindlessly following her gesture, he had to admit that she was beautiful, made up and all.

But that wasn't important. What was rendering him speechless was the changes within, about, around Sharon. He had not met her for two months and there was so much changes. Changes he hadn't expected or known.

"Cameron? Cameron? Are you ok?" She was peering up at him in concern. And while he liked her worry, anger was slowly raging through him.

Why hadn't she changed when he was there? Why were the changes appearing after he left? Was he not good enough to change for? Or was it because she had someone else in her life? Someone who was causing the changes? His fingers curling together into a ball, he had the strongest urge to punch a wall and demand the answers from her.

A touch on his arm snapped him out of his reverie. Blinking down at her, he had to smile at the worried frown on her face. She was about to check his forehead and palpate his cheeks when he grabbed a hold of her reaching hand.

"I'm fine, Share. Just checking you out." He loved the thrill that coursed down his back when her face flushed. She was just as aware of him as he was of her. That made him want to push the envelope.