Epilogue

Apparently the best time was during a moment of jealousy.

Even now, twelve years later, Cameron flinched upon recalling it. It had been the most awkward, emotion-filled moments that was never going to happen again. But in his defense, Sharon had practically egged him on. There was no way she had done all that without knowing how he'd react. There was no way.

"What are you thinking about?"Sharon asked, coming behind him and scaring the living hell out of him. He would've jumped if he wasn't holding onto something precious. There wasn't a lot of things he held dear but a platter piled high with ribs was one of them. Scowling at her, he put down the platter and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"Nothing. Just remembering the proposal,"he said, kissing her briefly before helping her. She had her hands full with a baby in one arm and a platter of pasta salad on the other. Without fail, she hit his shoulder the moment he took the salad off her hand.

"Why would you even think about that? Why did you bring that up?"she cried, setting their son in his baby chair. A sudden shriek caught their attention and they immediately turned to find the source.

"Your kids are up to no good,"he murmured, sighing when he spotted two children pushing each other in the distance.

"Why are they my kids when they're doing something wrong? And why are they your kids every other time?"she shot back with a glare. Battling a smile, he waved his hand at the fighting kids and their spectators.

"Look at them. Clearly, they're yours."

"Right,"she said, blatant disbelief in her voice. "I have blonde hair and gray eyes. I mean, they all have some variations of that. They're definitely my kids." He didn't see her roll her eyes but her voice was rife with mockery.

And he couldn't blame her. Of all their children, only two managed to inherit some semblance of her colouring. While the first couple of kids were because of love, the subsequent kids were more of a fight between the two of them. It was to see who would come out on top. Or that was what drove her. He was just happy that she wasn't so affected by her pregnancy weight. But he still couldn't help teasing her.

"Come on. Look. Derrick has your eyes and Cynthia has your hair. They look just like you,"he said, pointing them out. The two of them were, incidentally, fighting each other. He didn't have to see her to know she had a look of disgust on her face. Then she stalked away. "Thank you. Brandon, your mommy is quite a vulgar woman." Picking up their son, he then blew a raspberry on his exposed arm, making him laugh uproariously.

Watching her pull the kids apart, he couldn't help but smile. This woman was vastly different from the woman he'd first met. Having seen her change and grow, he felt immense pride. For a woman who once let her mother walk all over her, she had gained a reputation as a strict but gentle agent.

And she was also hardworking. He couldn't count the number of times he waited up for her. Unsurprisingly, she had been one of the top agents in the company and he was sure she would have been the best if she had continued with momentum. But once the kids came, she began scaling back on work. Even though she was still managing Logan, she rarely took in new clients.

And he was glad. At least there was someone who could control the kids. Because if the past ten years were to be trusted, they would not listen to him if his life was on it. And there was literally a moment where his life had been in danger.

There was their first born, Derrick, 10 years old. As athletic as his father and as smart as his mother, he was often the mastermind of any trouble the siblings got in. Sometimes he didn't have to ask to know who planned it.