50 v2

The sharp retort of the slap echoed in the cabin. And with that, it felt like the air went still. No one moved. No one spoke. All eyes were on the sisters. Cameron was shocked, so much so that he didn’t know what to say or do. All he could do was look at them. And he wasn’t the only one. 

Based on his facial expression, shock was evident in Scott's face. That must've debilitated him because he was just standing there, right behind Sharon, mouth agape. All the color had drained from his face, leaving him to look extremely pale. It was as if one stray gust of wind would crumble him

Silence reigned.

Even when he regained his senses, Cameron still didn't know what to do. Should he say something to alleviate the mood? If so, what? Or should he try to extricate Sharon from there? He didn’t want her to get the front row seat of Scott’s wrath. And he knew Scott was going to blow. He had been holding back since Amelia had rushed to the bathroom.

But behind it all, he jus couldn’t believe what he'd seen. Sharon had really done it. He’d seen her lifting her hand and swing it but he hadn’t really believed she’d do it. Not even when her hand had almost reached her cheek, he didn’t believe she would do it. He knew how she was. The moment Amelia had told her about her pregnancy, she had been very mindful of her sister’s wellbeing. She had even broken out of that house of madness upon knowing Amelia’s arrival. 

It had only been when she had really did it that he believed. But as much as he had been shocked, he wasn’t too surprised. Seeing as she was extremely weak to pressure, especially from her family, it had just been a matter of time before she crumbled. While she was still working on it in her line of work, despite getting better at it, Amelia just knew which buttons to press. 

And now that the deed was done, Amelia surprised them all by looking relieved. Her body was practically crumbling in on itself. It was as if all the tension had left her. As she slowly descended onto her seat, both Scott and Sharon moved in unison, holding out their arms to help her. It was amusing to watch them as Scott had no room to move with Sharon being in front of him and thus closer to his wife. 

But with that, the cabin felt so much lighter as all the shock and pressure left. All that was left was the palpable pressure of their concern and that was only concentrated around Amelia. Luckily, she was near comatose with relief. Otherwise, he knew she would have exploded.

There was just something that he had forgotten. 

“What the hell were you thinking?”Scott shouted, gripping Sharon’s shoulder and forcibly turning her around. Getting to his feet, Cameron made his way to his friend, tension making him taut. He should have expected this. Just because his wife was fine with this didn’t mean that he was. Despite his show of disinterest earlier, Scott loved his wife dearly,. And with how much he had held back, it was only logical for him to lash out now. 

“What do you mean?”Sharon returned, looking up belligerently. A part of Cameron relaxed. He loved this show of strength from her. He had been worried that she would breakdown but there was nothing to worry about. However, in light of how Scott was towering over her, he thought some support wouldn’t be unwarranted.

“What was all that talk about not hitting a pregnant woman? Were you just laying in wait, making her ask for it and then unleashing all your anger at her?” Strolling to a better position in case the unexpected happens, Cameron had to roll his eyes at Scott’s asinine reasoning. And from the way Sharon looked, she must be thinking the same thing. She even looked like she was questioning his intellect. He didn’t blame her. For some reason, his friend had become dumber since they last met. Maybe it was the baby,

“Did you not hear that woman? She was asking for it. She even refused to let me go. And I didn’t even hit her that hard. Ames, tell your crazy husband that it didn’t hurt-”