01 | begin

01 | begin

“It's not always actions are better than words. Both can be as deadly.”

     I couldn't understand the concept of someone actually liking the ocean

     The water is absolutely disgusting. The amount of dirty things in it like blood from certain predator attacks, or diapers and trash being thrown terrifies me. And there's the seaweed and moss that would always manage to make me cringe each time I could feel it touching my bare skin. The sand is another problem. Despite how tight your swimsuits or swimtrunks are, it would always manage to get inside of them no matter what. It also pricks my skin like little pins and needles. I, for one, have no idea how dates or even walks on the beach are considered romantic. It's pure torture to walk on the sand even with shoes, flipflops, sandals, slippers or any kind of shoe wear.

     Metioning the amount of life-threatening creatures that live there would probably take me a day to say them all.

     The wind is also another problem. It blows all the time, even if I'm not really in contact with the water. It would always messes up my hair, and somehow ties them into infinite numbers of knots that results to split ends and of course, hairfall.

     To summarize everything, I just really, really, really, hate the ocean.

     Some people hate animals, or forests, but I hated the ocean which many people found astounding. They'd usually ask me, "Why do you hate the ocean? It's a beautiful sight to see and place to be." Yes, the ocean is a beautiful sight to see. But a place to be?

     Pass.

     I turned my music up to full volume, blocking the world around me. Spotify was on and in my luck, Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers started to play. I bobbed my head up and down as I went to kitchen to get something to eat.

     Austin smiles and pulls me into a tight hug and I hug back. "Kids!" Mom hollers from the living room, "Come here for a sec. Your father and I have something to announce."

     We do as she says and walk towards to living room. " 'Sup mom?" Austin says.

     Mother grins as my father wraps a hand on her shoulder, grinning too. Well, at least we know it's something good. "Austin, Autumn," she eyes the two of us, "Your father and I have decided to spend the summer in California."

     My eyes widen. California? They can't be serious, right? "We'll be visiting a childhood friend of yours." Dad speaks up, referring to the two of us, "And a very good highschool friend of your mom and I." My brother and I exchange glances for a second with the same amouth of shock. This was definitely going to be my first summer away from home. "We'll be flying this Sunday. You up for a little summer get away, kids?"