18 | drive

18 | drive

“His eyes were supposed to be on the road, but he looked at me instead.”

      "Make sure to call me when you get there, okay?" I say with softened eyes

      "Make sure to call me when you get there, okay?" I say with softened eyes. Zee was leaving already, and those past days only felt like a minute standing here, watching him with a backpack on his back, and two suitcases filled with – whatever he had to bring.

       He smiles and plants a small kiss on my forehead and I closed my eyes, trying to remember what it would feel like since I'm not going to have any more in the next two months. "I will," he responds, rubbing his finger up and down the strap of his backpack.

     Everyone else was here to. Hannah, Amanda, Jordan, Liam and Parker. "And don't cheat on me while you're at it," I teased, ruffling his hair and he flinches, running a hand through it afterwards.

      "You know I can't even if I try," He smiles, and I pull him into another tight hug. He slides his hand down my hair and then pulling away. "I'm going to be late."

      I immediately frowned at what he said, but there was no stopping him. "Alright," I force a grin. "Have a safe flight." Nodding, he departs from us but before he even takes his tenth step, he mutters something to himself  and runs back towards us. All of us glanced at each other and not even a minute later, Zee was standing right in front of me. "Zee wha - "

      "I almost forgot," he quickly cuts me off and then places a quick peck on my lips. I couldn't help but smile. "Gotta go," he adds and running off once again.

      He ran over inside, as he steals one last glance. I gave him a small wave and then he fadrs from view. "You, my friend," Liam swings an arm around my shoulder, "Have gotten Zee wrapped around in your little finger."

      "Shut up, Liam," I laugh, untangling his arm from me. It somehow felt uncomfortable. Maybe because I was used to Zee doing that.

      He just left a minute ago, Autumn. Stop over exaggerating things. "We need to go," says Amanda, making me turn to her. "Hannah, Jordan and I promised Lexie to go shopping with her this afternoon. Autumn, would you like to tag along?"

      I shake my head, "I think I'll pass."

      "If you say so," she replies before saying goodbye to the three of us. Jordan smiles at me as they head over to Hannah's car.

      "Could you drive me, Liam?" I ask, glancing at his car. The drive home was at least an hour and thirty minutes, and taking an uber or bus wasn't exactly part of my plan.