03 | intruder

03 | intruder

“He stole my heart; a crime whose punishment will nevr be enough.”

     "Are you sure you don't want to come with us, Autumn?" Jordan insisted

     "Are you sure you don't want to come with us, Autumn?" Jordan insisted. All of them decided to go swim at the beach. I don't think I'd have to explain further other than I refused, a hundred times I may add, "I could introduce you to my friends?"

    Grabbing Buster by his stomach, I carefully place him on my lap. He was cute pug, and I literally screamed the moment I saw him. "No thanks, Jordan. And besides, I think this cutsie little pup would be great company," I say.

     She shrugs, being the last person to walk out of the door, "Okay. But I'll be saving some drinks and maybe an ice cream by the time we get back."

     The thought of ice cream just made me smile, "Yes please! Thank you!"

     Jordan laughs as she shakes her head, "Okay. Don't let anyone inside the house, there's a container of pepper spray on the living room table. You know, just in case," she sends me a wink and closes the door behind her.

     No matter how many times I shouldn't repeat this, I will. Their house was huge. I could get totally lost just looking for the bathroom. Currently, I was in the living room, and do I need to mention how the house, wasn't the only thing that was big in size, but the the things in it too? So technically a forty-five inch TV was standing right in front of me as I was sitting on a six feet beige couch that formed the letter 'U.'

     Lucky for me, the fridge was right behind me and so was the kitchen, which was also very huge, so I could get food anytime I wanted. They had everything, like seriously. Every junk food, a big container of nutella, a pack of bread, and even a big chocolate cake. Chocolate. Yum.

      The minute I stood up, my phone vibrated from my pocket. I took it out and see James's name on the screen, calling. He had been calling for the past ten hours and mind you, it was already five in the afternoon, and we arrived here at seven.

     I didn't want him to think that I was ignoring him, which I was. But even if he did know that I was ignoring him, he'd just try harder to catch my attention. With a sigh, I press answer and bring the phone up to my ear, "Finally." Were the first words I hear, "Jeezum, did the flight take that long? Or did you have to make a stop to Africa?"

      "Two hours, you bum." I reply, trying to find a good excuse, "I turned my phone off since they're not allowed to - "

     I heard a laugh on the other side of the line. This man was so filled with pride. Rolling my eyes, he scoffs, "I know that, pumpkin. I just thought you were ignoring me or something. Guess you weren't, huh?" Wow, I knew he was dumb, but not this dumb.