21 | honest

21 | honest

“In a relationship, honesty is a necessity in order to form trust.”

     Saying that I didn't have fun with Parker would be a lie

     He cracked a few jokes and shared some funny stories Austin and I failed to not laugh at. My favorite one was probably when he was around the age of five and accidentally hopped into a car that looked exactly like his Dad's and drove off on the other side of town. The person who drove the car, who was an Asian man named Yuri, was freaking out of being accused of kidnapping. Parker wasn't terrified at all, at least that's what he said. He mentioned how Yuri gave him some snacks to shut him up and not yell and drive attention or whatever.

   Everything went entirely well. Parker walked Austin and I back at the house, where Jordan was waiting. "Where have you guys been?" She had asked and all we did to respond was look at each other and smile.

   Parker and I exchanged a few more words before he drove off to his Dad's restaurant. But this time, it was the more friendly type. They were right, Parker was a cool guy. I'd just have to be more careful on what I'll say or else we'll go back to stage one all over again. And I'm hoping he thinks the same.

   I was on my bed lying down, staring at the ceiling, and collecting myself of the chain of events that has happend. My head twists to the uncovered sliding door that revealed the view of the ocean. I honestly thought I would learn to love the beach than make amends with Parker. But I guess things don't always go the way we want them to be. And sometimes, it could be a good thing.

   I pushed myself off of the bed and practically dragged my body to slide the curtains to block the scenery. I could still hear the waves crashing on the shore, and the screams of little children having the time of their life playing tag with them. Never will I understand the concept of that.

   Taking in a deep and tired breath, I crawl over to where my laptop sat and flung it open. Opening Facebook, I see Zee's chat head that indicated he was online. Before I could even click on his icon, he already beat me to it. AUTUMN! was the first thing he types in and I couldn't help but smile, imagining his voice saying that right in front of me with a goofy grin plastered on his face.

   ZEE! I typed back, still not wiping the idiotic smile off of my face. The typing bubbles appeared and it was as if were racing in who was going to send a messege first. I'm missing you already :( I add, and at the same time he had sent a, Miss me? ;) and I could already hear him laughing despite the thousand mile difference between us.

   I bit my lip, trying to stop my smile from growing wider as I closed my eyes. A thousand butterflies fluttered in my stomach and there was no way in taming them. Skype me. I want to see your face. He demanded and that's exactltly what I did.