07 | bonfire

07 | bonfire

"Let's wrap ourselves like burritos and sit down by the fire."

     "Parker," Liam holds him by his chest, "Be nice

     "Parker," Liam holds him by his chest, "Be nice. She's a friend of Jordan's." He was taming Parker like some wild bulldog, which was ironic because Jordan said he was a nice guy when I get to know him.

     "I don't give a crap," he curses under his breath, walking up to me. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asks me, growling. I closed my eyes, trying to keep myself together, not wanting to look bad in front of Jordan's friends. "Answer me!" He was shouting at my face. This was probably the longest time I had controlled me shouting at anyone.

     Ezekiel stood up beside me, "Parker, Parker." He says, trying to calm him down, "Don't make a big deal out of it. She's just staying over this summer, not moving in."

     He glances at me with nothing but a flaming look in his eyes. Why was he making a big deal out of what happend earlier? I got over it, so why can't he? Parker takes a quick glance at everybody and runs off. Jordan sighs and walks out to get him. I looked at them and Jordan looked as if she was explaining everything, but all Parker was doing was kick sand and scream at her face.

     "I'm really sorry about him," Ezekiel apologizes. Wow, at least he had the guts to apologize. And none of it was his fault! "He's a bit spoiled, and gets a little cranky sometimes but you'll get used to it. Maybe even find him nicer when we get closer to each other over the summer." He shrugs.

     "You have nothing to apologize about," I say, "If he's going to be like that towards me, then I'm going to be like that towards him." I take a quick glance at Parker and Jordan who were arguing, then back at Ezekiel, "That's kind of the 'or else' part of the saying, 'Treat others the way you want to be treated' and if he's going to treat me like he's a pretentious superior or something, then so be it." Ezekiel looked at me like I was a mass murderer, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I totally turned all sociopathic on you." Cue mental face palm.

     He laughs, "No, no." Then runs a hand through his brown hair, "It's actually impressive for someone to stand up to Parker like that. But look out though, he's a lot more sociopathic than you." He teases.

     "I'll keep that in mind."

     Jordan and Parker returned back to the bonfire as they sat down together. "I'm sorry." She mouths to me, and I mouth back with an, "It's okay."

     It actually made me angry on how many people were apologizing for Parker, and he would barely even spare me a single look, or glance for that matter. "Get out your marshmallows, my friends!" Amanda says, right beside me as she places her marshmallow above the fire.