Chapter 9 - Double Trouble

"Sonic!" A voice said, Sonic was standing in grassy meadow when he saw someone who looked familiar. Sonic went closer to find out that the familiar face was none other than his mom "Queen Aleena" she was trying to protect her babies from getting captured by Dr. Robotnik. Right when he was about to take Sonic and his siblings everything went black, it just a dream.

"Dude wake up!" Manic said shaking Sonic trying to wake him.

"Huh? Wha?" Sonic said getting as quick as possible due to him thinking he was still battling Shadow.

"Are you ok brother?" Sonia ask worried for her brother.

"Hey where's Ames?" Sonic curiously asked trying to sound and cool, and not like he had a crush or anything.

"Shadow took her!!!" Sticks shouted, everyone just stared at Sticks she blushed in embarrassment.

After everyone turned to look at his reaction to this problem, he was not happy at all in fact he felt another wet drop on the side of his face, and once again he ignores it.

"How could I let this happen?" Sonic said to himself, he wanted to protect Amy but instead he lied to her about his past, now look what happened, he had to make things right somehow.

"Sonic you ok?" Tails asked worried for his best friend.

"We got to go save Amy!" Sonic said and zoomed away to hunt for Shadow.

"He really liked her, trust me I know" Tails said looking back at Sonic zooming away.

"We better follow him before the toasters get him!" Stock said as she started to run and follow Sonic.

Meanwhile at Shadows Lair, Shadow was plotting while Amy was in a prison cell thinking about her hero Sonic.

"He'll come and save me just you wait!" Amy yelled at Shadow, it didn't make things better but it made her have hope that someone would save her.

"Oh yeah dream on princess, soon you and me will rule side by side" Shadow said to Amy who was angry at Shadow, becoming his princess will not happen on her watch.

Back with Sonic and his friends, they couldn't find the lair anywhere, Sonic was starting to worry about Amy but tried not to show it. He didn't want anyone to know his true feelings for Amy.

"Ugh! Where is that Lair?!" Manic said while kicking rocks around and one nearly hit Sonia.

"Hey watch it bro!" Sonia said to Manic, then disobeying her orders right after.

Sonic and the team came to what looked a dark mountainy area, it was thick with fog and looked something evil lived inside.

"That's got to be where Shadow is!" Sonic said zooming into the black fog alone.

"Wait for me!" Tails said running after his friend then the rest followed tails soon they were all lost in the fog.

"I'm starting to get scared guys" Sonia said looking around just to see leaves trees all around her.

Just then Manic stepped on some kind of trap rope and everyone was captured, Sonia started to scream but no one, not even Sonic could hear her.

"Now let's take you to my home with my princess" Shadow said coming out of the black fog, this was all a trap.

Now Sonic has no idea his friends are gone, Amy is about to become Shadows Princess, things can't get any worse than this.