Chapter 10 - Fallen Hero

Sonic was running back and forth through the thick black fog, until he came across a huge castle which colors were black and red.

"I found it!" Sonic said happily and went back to get his friends when he realized they were gone, he doesn't remember what they were doing after he zoomed off. He went on to the castle by himself.

As he walked toward the castle he thought about his future as a prince will he rule alone or with his family, and will he be able to hangout with his friends still.

"Being a prince seems harder than I thought, do I want this path?" Sonic asked himself just then he arrived at the castle. Sonic Somme's by guards who couldn't see Sonic due to him being a blue blurr, He came up to a large door, opened it, and was in the castle.

"Welcome Sonic!" Shadow said once again hovering in the air.

"Shadow, we meet again." Sonic said back.

"Come on let's finish our fight or if you want we can use plan B" Shadow asked looking at Sonic right in the eyes.

"What's plan B?" Sonic asked raising one of his eyes higher than the other.

"Plan B is bartering, you surrender yourself to me..." Shadow Pasued and brought out Manic, Sonia, and Tails in floating cages. "And I let them go!" Shadow continued.

"GUYS?!" Sonic shouted he had no idea Shadow trapped them, he counted the friends, there was supposed to be four.

"Where's Amy?" Sonic Asked sounded very bossy at the same time.

"She's not part of barter! She's gonna be my princess!" Shadow said happily. Then proofing everyone back to where they were.

"Lay one hand on her and so help me!" Sonic threatened.

"Hit me with your best shot, Somic The Hedgehog!" Shadow said floating around Sonic like some bug.

Sonic began to fight Shadow. But like Shadow he had a plan, while Sonic was fighting Shadow was luring Sonic into another trap.

"I'm over here Blue Blurr!" Shadow said moving away quickly when Sonic approached.

"What the what?!" Sonic said as he got trapped in what looked like the floating cages his friends were in.

"Hahahaha! I finally did it I captured Sonic!" Shadow said and never felt so victorious in his life.

"Let me go! Why are you doing this!?" Sonic asked while trying to break free.

"You and your friends are sooo happy all the time, I used to have a team until they took me away from me. Now I'm the hero of this planet!" Shadow finished his speech and sent Sonic down to a private prison away from his friends.

Meanwhile his friends were worried sick about how sonic was doing, Amy especially she started to think about why Sonic didn't tell her he was royalty.

Back in the private cell where Sonic was, for the first time he felt, alone, empty, cold and scared. Once again a wet drop fell from his cheek then more started to follow, but this time he didn't ignore it, he knew he was crying and accepted it.

"How could this happen to me?" Sonic said as he started to cry, and to think a speedy blurr like him could have emotions, well everyone does including Sonic.

There was long moment of silence he didn't know what to tell himself, other than he let his team down, his guard, and his kingdom down.