True Love's Power

Zen had pulled Miko to the top of the self. The sludge now covered their shoulders. "Miko! You have to wake up now! We are going to drown if you don't!"

Suddenly the door broke down and the sludge poured backwards.

Apollo stood there in the door frame. "I told you what would happen if you didn't protect her."

Zen stared in disbelief. "Not this now."

"THE SLUDGE WAS COMING FROM THE WALLS?!" Kat roared

Desti's anger flared upon Apollo's sudden appearance. "What is he doing here?!"

"It's a long story." Zen helped Miko off the shelf after enough sludge had drained from the room. "And we don't have time to stand around here and discuss it. The Evil Queen has Shirayuki and Amari." Zen turned to Apollo. "I appreciate that you came in and took the door down, but this is my daughter too. I will not allow any harm to come to her. Get off your pedestal and give us aid. Whatever happens to us, will greatly affect what happens to you."

Kiki looked at the mirror. "Zen! The portal! It's completely destroyed." The magic had completely shorted and the magical mirror cracked through the frame.

Zen stared at in distress. "That was our way home!"

"There is another way..." Kiki analyzed.

"I would rather not use hers. It seems that we won't have much choice." Zen was not looking forward to having to confront the Evil Queen, directly.

Miko's eyes started to flutter. "Apol-lo...? What are you doing here?"

Zen placed her back on her feet.

"I came to save you, after these friends of yours, led you right into a trap." Apollo approached her.

"Apollo. I agreed to go with them. If you want to blame them, then I am also to blame." Miko's explanation calmed him down. Miko's gaze met the mirror. "It's shattered..." Her eyes locked with Zen's. "I'm sorry."

"There is no point in dwelling on the past. Shirayuki needs our help no matter whether we are stuck here or not." Zen saw that the castle ruins were now covered in massive thorny vines.

"Princess Shirayuki is here too?" Miko expressed in surprise.

"The Evil Queen took her."

"Apollo, I think it is time we took the fight to her. Go to the men and rally them up. We strike tonight!" Miko ordered and Apollo bowed in respect.

Apollo turned to Zen. "Can I expect you to protect her this time, Your Highness?" He mocked.

Zen just narrowed his eyes. "In your world, I am your prince also. Try to remember that when you are addressing me."

"You don't belong here. I expect that the moment you have everything you came for, you will go right back from once you came." Apollo blurted before he turned and walked away to his horse.

"You think I am going to like him? He seems to show no regard for royalty." Zen glared at Apollo's disappearing figure.

"He is a rare find." Miko smiled in Apollo's direction. "But I have never served with someone who has had more willpower and strength, than he."

"Willpower and strength. You nailed that." Kat smirked sassily.

Miko approached Kat and lay on a strong slap across Kat's face. "Like it or not, he is my betrothed and the future king of all of Cariparell. He will be respected. As for his disrespect towards Prince Zen, I will speak with him on these matters."