Twisted Fates

Zen entered the tent to check on Shirayuki. He found her awake, but even better than that... "I'm so relieved. You look well."

Shirayuki stood up and joined her husband at the tent entrance. "I feel much better. What are we going to do?"

"We are going to get Amari back. Somehow though, I don't think things are going to return to normal, unless we do something about the queen. And Miko, she may not be specifically our daughter, but..."

"I feel the same way, Zen. But that wasn't what I meant."

"What do you mean?" He remained curious.

"Swethyna... She is her own enemy. What happens to her? And it's not just her, is it...? The queen has done this to them. How are we going to help Swethyna? It was never her intention to hurt me. Even so, she wasn't able to stop herself, from being what she is."

"I know what you mean. We can't leave them to suffer, either."

"It isn't that easy... If Miko can't change her back to normal, then how are we going to get the queen to do it?"

"We don't need the queen. Miko was able to undo Miko's... I'm confused. What I'm trying to say is that, she was able to turn Nosuke. Then that should mean that Kiki can turn Swethyna." Zen explained his optimism.

Shirayuki's eyes lit up.

_________________________________________

Miko and Kiki were out training. Kiki was getting the simpler stuff down, but the more complicated spells were going to take time.

"I think you should take a break. You don't want to wear yourself out."

"Good idea." Kiki leaned against a tree. She was using a simple magic to twist and twirl her sword in the air to entertain herself.

"It's addictive, isn't it?" Miko smirked confidently.

"You are certainly right about that." Kiki braced herself and Miko, as a tremor went through the land. The ground continued to shake.

Miko fell to her knees and Kiki held her down as the tree gave out and fell towards them, missing them by an inch.

The earth calmed down beneath them and they were finally able to relax.

"What was that?" Miko scanned the area and her eyes landed on an active volcano. "There!" She pointed to it. Her eyes grew wide. "That isn't a volcano eruption, from what I can tell."

"What else could it be?"

"I don't think we should wait around and find out." Miko opened a portal and they both jumped through it.

_______________________________________

Kiki and Miko were met with grief, anger and anxiety from the men who fought for Miko. "What happened here?!"

Obi made his way over to them, after hearing Miko's voice. "The whole island was unleashed."

"That can't be good."

Miko eyes met Kiki's. "Not at all." She turned to Obi again. "How many did we lose?"

"A few hundred. That isn't the worst part." Obi seemed even more disturbed.

Miko couldn't wait any longer to hear the rest. "Whatever it is, we will deal with it."

"It seems that many have left our cause. They don't want their families in danger. The queen has done a great injustice to many of their families. She is playing a cruel game."

"Then let them go. I will not force anyone to fight with us. We would only be lowering ourselves to her level."

"But princess?!" Obi tried to object.