The End Draws Near

Queen Kiki held Amari in her arms as she walked down the corridor of the castle. She noted that the walls in the corridor weren't responding to her darkness. "Even now, light holds more power, but not for long. This world will only know the darkness. Your world will also bow to it, when I unleash the magic in it as well."

Amari cooed as he played with her finger and pulled it into his mouth and sucked on it.

"I don't need you either. Your life doesn't matter to me and your end will come at the rising of the full moon, tonight. Your pitiful life will end and I will finally be freed from your powerfully persuasive... You are cute... But I don't need you, you hear me. I am better off without you. This is what I have always wanted, isn't it?" She thought for a moment. "Yes. It is."

Amari's sweet eyes met hers and she felt like a part of her wanted to melt.

"Don't you look at me like this. You can't stop me. I will proceed on schedule." She couldn't bring herself to put him down. "Since this is your last night of existence, is there something you want to do... before you go?"

Amari then played with her locket, that was around her neck. "Gawawa..."

Queen Kiki held the locket firmly in her grasp and a tear escaped her eyes. "Don't touch that." She pulled it away from Amari and put it into the neck of her dress.

Amari just stared at her, with amusement.

"Why do you always have to do this? You make me want to.... Arghh... You're doing it again. I won't play with you if you keep that up." She placed Amari down on the bed and walked away.

Amari burst out crying at her disappearance.

Queen Kiki stopped and looked back at Amari. "No... I won't... You can't make me..." She released a breath and then gave in and returned to the little infant's side. "What do you want?"

He stopped crying and raised his hands in the air with a toothless smile. "Umawa!"

"Alright, you win. Only for two more minutes and then I am leaving. You won't be able to change my mind this time." She took him in her arms and sat at the chair at the bedside and fell asleep.

_____________________________

Beauty rode towards the mountain at a full on gallop, but then she was cut off by the dragon's blast. Beauty reared up after being taken by surprise and Kat nearly fell off her back. Deston did however with a big 'uphhh'.

Zen pulled out his sword, but his other shoulder couldn't move. This was going to cause some very sloppy attack strategy. Shirayuki couldn't shift and found herself only ducking, holding onto Zen the best she could. Getting off the horse's back was becoming an impossibility and the horse was starting to react accordingly towards that occurrence. The horse scrambled and tried to take matters into its own hooves, fighting against Zen's grasp.

Beauty was fearless however and didn't do much for abandoning her quest to lead them to the crystal castle.

The dragon wouldn't permit them to escape it.

Kat pulled out her wakizashis and tried to strike the dragon as it came by, but they didn't do anything against the dragon's thick scales. "Those scales are tougher than iron! We won't be able to penetrate them."

"There must be a way to pass. Distract it and we will go on ahead!" Zen ordered.

The woodland creatures did as ordered, but Beauty wouldn't let them go without her and blocked them. She snorted loudly. She only knew where the secret entrance was and they will be chasing their own tails without her help.