Sacrifice

Miko stood alone in Wistal Castle grounds staring at the vine covered structure that had fallen apart. "I'm going to need something that belonged to each of my parents. Something they held dear. Then the games can begin."

________________________________________

Queen Kiki gathered her strength. She turned to the volcano near her and she smiled maliciously. She took Amari in her arms and ventured into her hidden base. She entered to feel the heat was not very nice and she resented Miko's advances. This wasn't over.

The final card was played. Kiki entered the center chamber to see glowing yellow crystal structures hanging off the roof of the cavern. It illuminated the entire room. A smirk crossed her features. "I am finally at its source. The point where magic was unleashed into our world." She glanced around herself seeing the many crystal formations of varieties of colors.

Amari cried. He must have been hungry.

She summoned an altar in the middle. She placed Amari on that altar. "The time draws near. I shall wait until the full moon, when this place comes to life. Then it will all come to an end."

Amari held out his hand, crying desperately.

Queen Kiki stared at the hungry child and felt a tear come down her cheek. She slid her finger over it and held the tear in her sight. "That hasn't happened in more than a decade." She then summoned a bottle of milk and gave it to Amari.

Amari accepted it and drank greedily.

Queen Kiki smiled at the child. "That's better, isn't it. Now where was I...?"

Amari then dropped the empty bottle and burped. He let out a happy coo and reached towards Queen Kiki, giggling happily.

"What? You want some more?"

He just smiled from ear to ear, clapping his hands as he stared at her.

"What do you want? Just tell me?" Queen Kiki had a scowl on her face. "You're not that important... just the key to everything... I don't need your pity."

Amari grabbed onto her hand, pulled it into his mouth and sucked on it. "Duwa...wa..."

"Don't think this changes anything." Queen Kiki warned as her heart started to melt into his sweet little face. "That's enough!" She pulled her hand out, but instead of crying or freezing in fear, he was giggling profusely, waving his arms about. "You are nothing but a waste of magic. You don't deserve your powers. Look at you. You can't even talk."

"Wah la wa..." His eyes were so soft and sweet.

"What does that mean? You know I don't speak Wah wah wah." Queen Kiki picked up the infant.

He reached for her nose and giggled more. His soft hand played innocently and she felt her eyes water.

"What powerful magic is this? Stop! You can't change my mind." Queen Kiki bantered and pulled him away from her to put him back on the altar.

Amari held back his hands and looked like he might cry again.

"Alright, I yield." Queen Kiki held him close and cradled him, while he fell asleep.

____________________________________

I managed to turn Obi back into himself and some of the other woodland creatures.

Obi had a solemn look on his face. "Don't be mad at Apollo. He is doing exactly what the princess asked of him. Besides, nothing can be done about the princess now. We are going to have to accept this life or we will die."