He's Evil, But I Can't Stay Away: Celebrity Manhunt

My name's Artemis. I'm supposed to be a contestant on the third season of Total Drama thanks to my dad. I've known Chris for as long as I can remember. One day, I called him Uncle Chris when I was very young and it stuck. I used to be a part-time model, but my pictures were never used, so I quit. I mean, I know I'm not the most beautiful girl in the world or anything, but come on. I digress. Allow me to begin my story.

I was on my computer when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Yes?" I asked.

"There's a Chris McLean here for you," a male voice came through the door.

I emerged from my room. "Thank you, Fredrick," I said as I passed him. I went downstairs and met Chris on the landing.

"Hey, Missy." I didn't care for the nickname, but it was better than Arte.

"Hi, Uncle Chris."

"You got the plans for 'Total Drama Dirt Bags', right?"

I nodded. "Of course. You mentioned something about being a contestant on World Tour?"

"Yeah, you in?"

"Yes...but I get actual food, not the slop Chef Hatchet makes for the contestants."

"'Kay...smart girl."

"And I want comfort."

"How much comfort?" he asked wearily.

"I know we're getting a crappy plane because your salary and pampering take up most of the budget. So, I want a sofa, a blanket, and a few pillows of decent quaility, not the best money can buy, but not the quality of the plane, either. I'll ruin the prank at the Gemmies if you don't."

"Fine, fine. There goes my pampering."

"Suck it up, pretty boy. It can't cost that much."

"So, how's it feel to be the only female in Total Drama Dirt Bags?"

"That doesn't seem very convincing for an actual reality show."

"Who cares? Your limo'll pick you up and take you to your hotel. Pack your bags!"

"See ya at the Gemmies," I said, shutting the door behind him.

***

The night of the Gemmies was a little stressful. I wore a black, strapless dress with red roses on it. I'd applied a little make-up and left my black hair down. I hated social events. Especially formal ones, but I did it for the prank.

I left my hotel and got in the limo early. The driver let me know there was someone else riding with us...great. I stared out the window while I waited.

It wasn't long before the door opened again. The other person got in, closed to door and we were off to the Gemmies.

"Hola, señorita," a male voice greeted.

"Hello," I replied, not moving to look at him.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Alejandro."

Good for you, I thought as he took my hand and kissed it. Is it my imagination or is it burning?

"I'm Artemis," I replied, taking my hand back. I looked at it discreetly to make sure my skin hadn't been burnt off. It wasn't so I put it back at my side and glanced at Alejandro's reflection in the window. He's very handsome, I'll give him that much. "Nice to make your acquaintance," I said politely. 

"I hope we can be more than acquaintances," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder, probably to get me to turn around, but I still stared out the window, trying to ignore his reflection in the glass.