Chapter 8: The Birth of Confidence

Yo, minna! ♥  Good morning to you all~!  I wrote this chapter last night, but I thought it'd be a good idea to publish it the next day.  So here it is, freshly edited and ready to be read, haha!  Goodness, since I had a snow day today, I have a lot of homework to do! *o*  Not only that, but it's going to be busy because I have to clean a lot for my chores etc...  I might be able to update again, but after that, I'll have to wait till later in the evening! ♥ I just thought I should tell you all that now before it happens, haha. c:

Multimedia is a song by Hedley!  The title is "One Life".  I think it fits Lucy's situation and the guild's relationship with her nicely.  Plus, the mood of the song is great for this chapter. c:  I hope you all like it~!

Moving on, I dedicate this chapter to Infinite_Warrior!  This person is a great friend of mine, and I appreciate it so much when she comments on both of my stories, on both accounts! ♥ Thank you so much, I couldn't express my gratitude enough! c':  Please comment, vote, etc!  I really appreciate all of your opinions, it tells me if I'm improving or not! c':  Thanks so much for reading, and until next time everyone!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є и α ℓ υ ω я ι т є я - - ☯

=======================================================================

"Were you able to find anything?"  Makarov asked, his voice compelling.

Lucy shook her head sadly.  "Nothing."

Lucy had reported to Master Makarov when they had arrived back at the guild, because Lucy had decided to just go in and tell Makarov of their outcome.  Natsu and the others had agreed, and they stayed behind since most of this was focused on Lucy.

"But...we did find this."  Lucy replied quietly, pulling the note from her sleeve.

Makarov looked at it questionably, eyeing it as Lucy handed it over diligently.  He scanned his eyes over it professionally, his pipe in his other hand as he examined the message in silence.

"A message from Morgan, I presume?"

"Yes."

Makarov looked at Lucy with an odd expression, not bothering to ask what Morgan meant in the note about her.  He already presumed that it most likely meant to target Lucy's feelings, so he didn't say anything which Lucy was grateful for.

Makarov sighed, rubbing his forehead.  "Well, that is most disappointing.  If Morgan is watching you as he says, then we need to keep our eyes out."

"I'm sorry..."  Lucy replied, her expression strained.

Makarov looked slightly amused at Lucy's apology.  "For what, Lucy?  It's not your fault we didn't find any evidence at Morgan's old headquarters."

Lucy nodded.  "I know, but I just..."  she wandered off, becoming silent.

Makarov closed his eyes, understanding the Celestial Mage's feelings.  "Until we can think of another plan, try and not to think about it, Lucy.  If you are afraid of being taken away again, do not worry."

Lucy's eyes widened.  "H-How did you...?"

Makarov shook his head, his expression impassive.  "We are here to help you Lucy.  No...Fairy Tail is with you.  If Morgan wants to take you away again, then he'll have to go through us."

Lucy smiled, her expression soft.  "This guild sure is strange..."

Makarov chuckled slightly at that.  "Well, so is the name itself.  I wonder if that is why."