Chapter 14: A Heart of Gold!!

Hello, everyone! ♥ First of all, I apologize for the shortness of the chapter.  But you know, when you have barely any time to write, chapters tend to be short.  This one isn't very progressive either, just a chapter to set the final setting in for when the real action begins!  I've been so busy with Track, school, and testing that I haven't had any time to even get on my computer! ;m;  So, I hope my lack of activeness will be somewhat made up with this chapter!  I'd like to thank all of you for the votes!  That means so much to me, thank you so very much!!  The follows truly mean a lot to me as well; I'm sorry you aren't getting any chapters as fast as I usually update. c':

Multimedia is a poster!  It's just of Lucy, but, I thought it'd be a nice little treat! c:  Please enjoy it!

I dedicate this story to RulerOfCats!  I hope you enjoy this chapter!  Once again, I do apologize, but school is my main priority, especially since I want to become a writer/publisher. c;  There is a serious bug going around too; I feel like I might be coming down with it. ;m;  Which I don't want to, because my first Track meet of the season is Saturday. ;o;  Anyways, I hope you all enjoy!  Feedback is greatly appreciated; hopefully I will be able to update during the weekend. c:  Until next time, minna!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є   и α ℓ υ   ω я ι т є я ▲☯▲

======================================================================

The howl of the wind echoed through the air, the clouds velutinous and the sky blue.  Though the weather was fine and the day was almost pristine, a certain feel of seriousness floated through the air.  A loud noise rose over the flat hills, and a black dot appeared over the horizon.  As it got closer, wheels became visible, and the noise of wood clattering together clarified.  A cart was running across the rocky terrain of the road, with a single driver in the front.  He was relaxed, a smug look on his face as keys jingled on the chair next to him.  The plan to sneak out right under that guild's noses had been a success.  His master was waiting for him at the spoken hideout, and he enjoyed the feel of smug victory in his chest.

Inside the wagon it was dark and stygian, nothing inside but a noise of rattling chains against the vibrations of the road.  Bare legs were shown with shackles on the ankles, and arms were revealed with the wrists bound tightly.  The metal, fortunately, hadn't been on long enough to start festering the skin, but any longer and the skin would become raw.  The person was residing on the wooden floor, their face obscured as they resided on a ragged cloak.  Finally, a face was shown, and the neck was also revealed to wear an iron shackle to keep the body in place.  A sliver of light passed through one of the loose boards in the wagon, and it glowed against their face from the left cheek and across the nose.  

Lucy's eyes were closed; she was unconscious.  Injured and her breaths shallow, her eyes were relaxed and serene.  Only in sleep was the Celestial Mage at peace; perhaps that would be the only place of refuge.  She was changed; a gray shirt with matching dull pants decorated her despite her injured and unclean skin.  Though there were barely any injuries inflicted upon her that drew blood, many bruises and marks decorated her cheeks and body.  Her mouth was shut, yet it was relaxed and almost in wonder.  Was she dreaming in a paradise?  What was paradise to the Celestial Spirit Summoner?

"Mama!  Mama!"

The constant bumping noise of the wooden carriage against the road's terrain seemed to fade, and a memory appeared as the same words echoed through Lucy's ears.  Her dream, perhaps?

"My my, is something wrong, Lucy?"

A small and vibrant child with golden hair, groomed and well cared for, came running into view as grass suddenly exploded into eyesight.  Flowers seemed to bloom as she ran, and something stirred in the back of Lucy's mind.  The realization of the connection was surprising as this was Lucy's home, the mansion.  The child, revealed to be Lucy as a small girl, ran up to a woman who could only be Lucy's mother.  The equally vibrant woman smiled endearingly at her child, and she picked Lucy up to set her in her lap.