Chapter 18: A Retaliating Curse!

{Fairy Tail: You're Lucy of Fairy Tail by Cryptic_Eyes © 2014, All Rights Reserved}

❧          ❧           ❧

Ohaiyo, minna-san!  I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've last updated!  A few more days and it would have been a whole month! *^*;  I'm glad I was able to stop that before it happened, though!!  Once again I sincerely apologize...I've had so much going on it's been crazy.  Track is almost over, I've only got one more week left.  Then school ends in two weeks!  Finally, the summer is approaching! ♥0♥  Anyways, onto the dedications and etc!

Multimedia is a song called "E for Extinction" by Thousand Foot Krutch! (I don't know if I put this one up already.  If I did...oh well~!)  This is a great song to get pumped up to, which this chapter does a lot!  It's a great battle song too, I hope you all enjoy!

I dedicate this chapter to puncakes_!  Thanks so much for commenting (nicely) and for not seriously correcting my work! ^-^;  You're comments really mean a lot to me; you deserve this dedication!  I hope you continue to support me and my works!!  Remember, everyone, feedback is extremely appreciated!!  Please comment, vote, and tell me what you think!  Yes, there is a cliff hanger, but I won't take as long to update this time, I promise!! c;  Enjoy!

❧          ❧           ❧

я y - c н α η ,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я - - ☯

======================================================================

Natsu dropped to his feet, panting heavily as air returned to his lungs.  Smoke spread across the ground and through the stones, and the earth rumbled under Natsu and Lucy's feet from the remaining force of the attack.  Pebbles from the ceiling fell to the floor, skipping across the ground and making a crumbling noise.  Morgan was standing, relaxed, though his expression was scrutinized.  The atmosphere was silent, waiting; there in between Natsu and Morgan laid a crater in the ground, still smoking from a seemingly previous attack.  Lucy watched, her eyes cautious, though her mouth was slightly parted in awe at the sight before her.

The smoke and steam dispersed enough to reveal Rander, his eyes completely white and his head positioned back as he laid on the pile of rubble.  The ground was cracked underneath his figure, and one of his legs was propped up while the other was laying flat against the ground.  His arms were straight out from his sides, his hands facing palm upwards.  Rander's skin was charred, cuts and bruises along his bare arms and smudges of dirt on his injured body and clothes.  The remains of electric bolts still remained as the magic was snuffed out and Rander defeated, the conclusion revealed.

"He...did it!"  Lucy replied, her eyes widening now yet her pupils were shrinking to black slits in shock.

Still panting, one eye was slightly swollen on Natsu's face and the other was relaxed, his eyes also shrunken to black slits in the result of intense emotion.  His muscles were numb, the lightning still having a residual effect on Natsu's nervous system.  He felt like he could just drop to the floor and sleep; his shoulders were sagging and his chest was heaving up and down deeply, his muscles contracting in small spasms.  Morgan's eyes narrowed disappointedly, and Natsu's shoulders relaxed as he hesitantly began to smirk, his fangs being shown.

"How was that?"  Natsu replied, his voice slightly hoarse but defiant.

"Way to go, Nat-zu!"  Happy exclaimed, throwing a paw into the air.

Lucy began to smile in hope, her mouth still open in recovery of shock and awe.  However, Morgan didn't react, his eyes still trained on the fall of his fils.  Natsu watched Morgan, his expression triumphant as he took a few steps to regain better balance as he wobbled.  After a few moments of tense silence, Morgan slowly peeled his eyes from Rander, looking unfazed.  Lucy creased her eyebrows, pressing her lips into a hard line.