Chapter 17: Natsu vs Rander

Ohaiyo, minna-san! ♥ I finally had the inspiration to write, yay!  So, here's your next chapter. c:  This one is mostly a continuation chapter, because this is where things really start heating up.  Natsu still has to defeat Morgan, after all, and Lucy needs to get her keys back.  Oh, and don't forget; they still don't know what Morgan's plans are yet! ^.^  Hopefully I can reveal that soon...it will most likely be revealed in one or two chapters~!  I hope you all like this chapter though!

Multimedia is a song I listened to while writing this chapter; it gets me into the combat mood so much, lol!  Title is "Courtesy Call" by Thousand Foot Krutch!  I'm really liking a lot of their songs recently. *.*  Well, anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Moving on, I dedicate this chapter to RMFireFairy!  Thank you for supporting me, and I just believe this person deserves a dedication. c:  You've commented on a lot of my chapters, and I really appreciate it!!  Well, I hope you all enjoy the chapter!  The next one might be a little short, and for that I apologize!  I only have around three more chapters left, after all!  I think I'll barely just hit twenty chapters... ^.^;  Anyways, enjoy!  Feedback is greatly appreciated; I'd love your comments on the fight scenes!  Ja ne, minna!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я ☯ ☯

=====================================================================

Natsu lunged, the anger finally bursting from him and presenting itself through his flames.  His eyes were wild, and a loud burst from the sound barrier followed him as he sailed forward.  Rander lunged as well, the dark purple lightning crackling around his fingers and arms as it caused tension to rise through the air.  It was like in slow motion; the air sparked with both flames and electricity as the two bodies of power aimed for each other.

"Rander!!"  Natsu drowned out, his voice ringing through the room in the form of a challenge.

As they met to collide, Natsu and Rander slammed their fists together, causing a violent wave of air to explode from their bodies.  The jet of air slammed into the ground around them, causing pebbles to escape into the air and their hair to chop around in the surging wind.  The force of the blow caused the two mages to fly back, but their feet hit the ground simultaneously and they flew at each other again, not letting up.  Rander's teeth were clenched, but other than that, he transferred his anger into his dark purple lightning.  Natsu shoved Rander away as the dark mage swung for his face, filling his mouth with fire as he still resided in mid air.  

"Roar of the Fire Dragon!"

Rander crossed his arms, a wall of lightning bolts collecting around his arms in the form of rings and acting as a barrier.  The column of Natsu's fire slammed into Rander's arms, but it split easily like a hot knife in butter and shot off in opposite directions past his sides.  The flames making a low swoosh as they snuffed out, Rander made a noise of surprise, his expression going from serrated and focused to widened eyes of astoundment.  Natsu had used the flames as cover, as his Plan B; he brought his fist down through the air, fire still escaping the sides of his mouth from the residue of his last roar.

"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!!"

Natsu's attack hit its mark, and Rander was struck dead in the face.  The dark mage was sent sprawling across the floor, slamming into the earth with such force that Lucy could feel the ground shake underneath her feet.  He hit the ground on his right side, his right arm cradling his side as rocks shot up past him in the form of debris.  Natsu dropped on top of Rander, but the dark mage shoved him off, rolling to his feet and rubbing the blood that had trickled down the side of his chin with the tension rising.  Natsu and Rander stared at each other, their glares heated.