Chapter Six (First draft-Unedited)

Luca's POV

"Well, it appears they have about a 40 hour drive. They are driving straight through though.  They will keep swapping between the three of them to drive.  So do you think you guys can get everything my dad asked for?" I casually asked the twins. I'm grateful they are so helpful. They are like family to me now after all.

"Most definitely.  I'll need to ask your dad, but is the asshole your sister wants divorced from, a father to a kid by your sister?" Damon asked. His eyebrows are scrunched together, his voice came out strained, and he wouldn't look me in the eye.

Shit, why does he sound nervous? Can that be a major issue for a divorce or something? Probably, duh. Custody etc. Fuck!

"Hell no he isn't!  My sister doesn't even have any kids.... I- I don't think she does anyways."
I exhale sharply, irritated I don't know shit about my own sister anymore. It's our own fault, not hers, but I can't help but feel aggravated towards her for not at least mentioning a child if she were to have had one.  Running my hand through my hair out of frustration, I take a seat and look at the twins, trying not to let my nerves and anger take over me.

Or guilt.

Surely she would've said something to my parents.

A sly smirk slowly crept up on Dominic's face as he stared at me.

I raised my brows. "What?"

"So, uh, is your sister hot?" Dominic went straight to his point and asked me as he winked in Damon's direction.

"Uhhh, what?"

"Is she hot?"

"First off- that's my baby sister you're asking about so watch it!" I pointed my finger at him, "And secondly," I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, "I wouldn't find any female sharing the same blood as me 'hot', fellas, so you're asking the wrong person." Shaking me head as I grumbled, my voice laced with annoyance.

"Oh, calm down Luca, it's just an innocent question."

Damon closed his laptop before approaching me. "We are just curious. After all, with a handsome dude such as yourself, we figured the good looks ran in your family's gene pool man." He patted my shoulder and headed to the door.  Dominic stood up and trailed after his twin giving me a friendly slap to the back on his way by me.

On top of feeling angry, nervous, anxious, and guilty, now I can add annoyed to the list because of the tail end of this conversation with the twins. Thanks guys. I appreciate you assholes.

I scowl inwardly and go behind the bar and fetch myself a cold beer. Cracking the lid off and pulling a long drink, I mull over the last 24 hours and feel a headache starting.

I slam the rest of my beer down and toss the bottle in the trash. I need to go see my wife and daughter before my parents and sister get back and hell on earth erupts here.

Hopefully the twins everything situated that my father asked of them without getting overly distracted in wondering whether or not my sister is 'hot'.

•••

Amaris' POV

After the most tedious road trip, a sore, aching body, and numb ass, I am free from the vehicle!  Why hello again, Westfield, New Jersey.  Home sweet home. Have you missed me? I chuckle to myself at the sound of my silly inner monologue.

"We aren't making you move home with us honey, but we have a place set up for you, with a familiar face."  My father cheerfully stated with a broad grin across his face.