Chapter Eight (First draft-Unedited)

Amaris' POV

I walk over towards the table my dad is gesturing to and take a seat between him and Luca.  My mother seated herself next to my father.  I stiffen my posture and plaster a scowl on my face. I cross my arms over my chest and let out an annoyed sigh to express my shitty mood. I'm still angry and hurt. Dragging me back here over some boo boos won't earn any of them forgiveness.

But also....

Who the hell are all these other people and why are they all so damn good looking?

"Now honey, I know you have a lot of questions about what's gone on and why we pushed you as far away as possible," My father starts. I snort and roll my eyes at him. "Just hear me out, Amaris, please." He pleads. "Let me begin with introducing you to the Sorrentino family that your mother, Luca, and I work for." My father calmly stated, gesturing with a sweeping motion of his hands towards the beautiful bunch of strangers surrounding me, including the two sexy twins I just saw moments before.

Every single set of eyes were fixed upon me and let me tell you, it has become uncomfortable quite fast. I feel like a shiny object on display that has a 'Do Not Touch' label underneath it. My unease is quickly turning into anger though and my top lip curls into a sneer before I can stop it, as realization sets in.

So these assholes are the rich bitch Sorrentino family. The ones that moved to town and brought with them, multiple businesses they own and manage. The assholes that caused me the ultimate heartache and suffering the last four years of my life.

I can feel my rage starting to boil over inside of me and tears of anger begin to sting the back of my eyes. I harshly grind my teeth together in hopes that I can remain calm and not let my angry tears fall and make me look weak.

My father's voice snaps my eyes back towards his face.  "This is Armando and his wife, Olivia, and these four are their children.  Their sons Dominic and Damon are the eldest, then Maria, then their youngest daughter Miranda. She's close to your age." My father continued, pointing to each person as he introduced them.  Well at least I know the names of everyone before I cuss them out.  Can't guarantee I'll remember who is who though.

All the Sorrentino family members nod, smile, or give some kind of welcoming gesture in my direction and I maintain the sneering glare on my face. I can feel it starting to pull at the stitches in my chin, I'm scrunching my face that hard in disdain.  Forget trying to say anything for I know my smart mouth will start flapping rude obscenities as freely as a singing canary.  I want to hear more of their excuses before I start ripping into my parents and a tiny bit into Luca for not stopping this years ago.

Then I'll gladly start cussing out this rich, pretty family.

Luca must sense my anger because out of nowhere, I feel the warmth of his hand gently squeezing mine.  I look over at my brother and see that he's trying to give me some reassurance through with his soft smile.

Damn him. He always was the calm one. But he won't be able to get me to be brainwashed by these Sorrentino jerks like they've done to my family. No way in hell. I'm still upset with him too.. My inner bitch refuses to forget and continues to remind me of why I'm angry.  I'm grateful for it.

My father drones on in a bored, almost monotonous tone, "Now I know you are intelligent and you picked up on ...things... changing before you graduated high school.  I have no way to sugar coat this or break it to you easy. We tried to make it seem like you never existed to protect you from this lifestyle," he blows out a large breath of air and drags a hand down his face, "We are involved with the mafia.  We work with one of the Italian mafia families."  He hits me with that shit with about the same amount of tenderness as a bucket of ice water.