Chapter Twenty Five (First draft-Unedited)

Amaris' POV

I woke up sweating, my body so hot I felt like I was on fire. Rousing quickly and unsuccessfully fumbling out from the comforter, I groan miserably at my overheated body. The two human heaters on either side of me are impossibly heavy and weighing down the covers as well as my body. It's a wonder I can breathe properly. Slowly, I wiggle like a damn snake, down to the end of the bed and out of their arms and legs. Somehow I manage to tumble to the floor, unattractive as all hell of course, bringing the covers all down with me, and not wake the twins up in the process. Nice. I'll admit, I want to stare and admire their fully naked bodies but I don't have time for that. Plus-that'd make me a creeper.

Those are the best looking bubble butts I have ever seen. I could bounce a goddamn quarter of them cheeks.

Chuckling at myself, I quickly throw on my change of clothes and race out of their home. I'll get my bikini some other time.

As soon as I get home, I attempt to get right into the shower, but there was one obstacle blocking my path. Cole. He looked so fucking angry. A look I've never seen on him before, ever. "Hey Cole, what's up?" I ask casually, hoping my nerves don't come out and make me behave weird.

His jaw ticked. "Oh I don't know Mare, you tell me." He arched a brow and frowned down at me.

I shrug. "Give me some clues here. I'm not sure what you're getting at." I reply.

He let out a frustrated sigh. "You never got back to me when I text you asking if things were okay between us then suddenly, you send me a bitchy text in the middle of the night last night.  What the hell is going on with you? And do you realize your neck is sporting a collage of hickies?" His lip curls slightly as he sneers at me. My hands automatically fly to my neck in an attempt to cover what's already been seen. But what the hell is he even talking about with texting him. I never text him in the middle of the night. I meant to reply to him but... got a little bit preoccupied.

I gasp as I realize those goddamn pricks purposely put hickies on me. They wanted this to happen. They disapprove of Cole and I living together and being friends. They are so jealous and obviously possessive. Wait until I get a hold of them...

"Cole... I never texted you back because I honestly forgot. I checked all my messages right before going to sleep after that whole ordeal with me covered in blood..." I trail off, wondering exactly what text he got last night that he could be referring to.  "And I never text you in the middle of the night last night."

A mirthless laugh ripped from his lips as he shook his head at me. "Really? That's funny because it came from your number." He stomped over to the kitchen table and snatched his phone up, glaring at me on his way back. Fuck's sake. Did I possibly sleep text him?

"Let me see it." I held my hand out and he slammed his phone in my palm hard. Furrowing my brow, I glance at him quickly in disbelief. He's being uncharacteristically aggressive. I go to his text messages and open the box from me. I begin reading it and gasp at the content. "Cole... I swear I didn't send this!" I exclaim, tears burning my eyes from frustration. "Those jealous assholes! They went through my phone while I was asleep! Cole, I'm sorry. I'll deal with this. And of course we are okay! You know I'll always be here for you no matter what happens between us!" I slowly approach him with my arms out to hug him. He looks at me apprehensively for a moment then pulls me to him, crushing me in with his arms.

He exhales with relief, his cheek pressed against the top of my head, his breath making my hair flutter. "You know, I really didn't think you sent that, but it was such a shock that I kept stewing over it until I damn near exploded. I'm sorry for doubting you Mare."

We released one another from our embrace and I headed to the bathroom.

After a quick, yet thorough scrubbing, I finish my bathroom routine, exit the bathroom and head to my room. The hot water sure helped my aching body. I pull out some shorts and a tank top and go to dress myself but stop when I see my naked body in my full length mirror. Jesus! I look like someone ran me over after they beat the shit out of me in a cage match.

Bruises and love bites riddle my entire body. So much for shorts and a tank top. I exchange them for a pair of jeans and a three quarters length shirt. I'm going to be sweating balls today. I blow dry my hair and curl big waves into my long tresses. I manage to cover the hickies up with make up and let my hair fall over the front of my shoulders to help hide anything I could've overlooked. Slipping on some socks and some Nike's, a quick spray of perfume, and I'm ready for work.

I put on my sunglasses then off I go.  The entire drive there, I have to fight myself not to even glance at my phone. I'll wait until I start my shift.

After greeting my boss and prepare for the FedEx truck to make its weekly delivery, I finally cave in and look at my phone.

Of course there is missed calls and text messages from Dominic and Damon.

Damon:
Why did you run out, again might I add, while we were asleep?

Damon:
Quit ignoring our calls.  You're beginning to really piss me off sweetheart.

Dominic:
You know, after last night, I honestly expected to wake up with you still in bed with us.  Are we just some cheap trick for you?  This is bullshit, Amaris. I'm really disappointed in you.

Dominic:
So this is how you're going to be? Fuck us both, run out without a word, then ignore the both of us? Do you enjoy destroying us and causing us heartache?

Me:
(Group Message)
First off, you two don't have any right to go through my phone and send that hateful message to Cole. Secondly, you two do not own me and need to quit acting like I'm a piece of property. I didn't want to wake you two up when I needed to leave so I quietly left. It's called being respectful. You guys knew I had to be at work by 9am so don't try acting butt hurt over my departure. I was actually really happy when I woke up this morning and quickly became pissed off when Cole approached me about the text message -the one you guys sent!!! So excuse me but I'm the one entitled to be angry here. And Damon, I don't care if I'm pissing you off because quite frankly, you both have really pissed me off now. You'd both be smart to leave me alone for a while.

After sending my group message to the twins, I decide to just turn my phone off for the duration of my work shift. I don't want to even be bothered by hearing my phone chime a hundred times an hour by those assholes. They have some nerve.

As expected, my shift goes by excruciatingly slow. I feel like I've aged a few years by the time I lock up and leave. I sit in my car in silence for a few minutes just thinking about how great last night was and how quickly it turned to shit by this morning. Annoyed, I scoff and pull out of the parking lot. Maybe a night in with a book and wine would do my mood right.