Chapter Fourteen (First draft-Unedited)

Luca's POV

I look around the crowded area, scanning for my sister and Jace amongst the sea of bodies but they are no where to be found.  "Hey where did Amaris and Jace go?" I asked Miranda. I see the twins have joined us at the bar enjoying some drinks now.  Probably the reason they left.

"She went home. She said to tell you bye. I just haven't had a chance to tell you yet." Miranda stated apologetically. She seemed to be a little bummed out actually. 

"She got pissed off when I told Miranda not to serve her anymore because she'd had enough.  She was out there dirty dancing on some strange dude and slurring all her words, and we just don't think that's safe or responsible." Damon stated, clenching his jaw as he glared straight ahead at nothing in particular.

I laugh, no traces of humor though.  "Oh yeah, it doesn't take much to make her start slurring.  I warned her."  I shake my head as I fill a tray of shots for one of the cocktail waitresses.  I know my sister is young and wants to have fun but I just want her to be responsible when drinking.  I'm partially irritated that Miranda kept serving her.  She avoided coming to me for drinks on purpose.

My blood suddenly ran cold.  How the hell did they leave? Did anyone make sure to collect keys or call a cab or Uber?  "If she's as drunk as you guys are hinting at, I sure hope nobody let her drive!" I glance between the brothers quickly.  My heart rate picks up as they both look at me without answering.  I growl, "Answer me goddamnit!  They could be in a ditch right now. Shit!" I slammed both fists on top of the bar, causing Miranda to jump then take my phone out to call Amaris.

Dominic shakes his head.  "Calm down man. They left with some dude that walked in the doors right as she went to open it.  He seemed to be someone she knew though. She practically jumped into his arms and he hugged her." Dominic answered bitterly.

"Ah, probably Cole."

"Who the hell is Cole?" The twins asked at the same time. 

Surprised by their reaction and their question, my mouth opened and closed without words at first before I honestly replied, "One of her closest friends. They live together.  Why?"

One of them scoffs as I grab another beer for a customer.  Piss babies.  Maybe they don't need to be drinking tonight either if they are in a foul mood.  "Isn't that just fucking awesome?"  I heard Dominic mumble to Damon.

The fuck is their issue?

•••

Amaris' POV

"Bye Jace, see you later! Sorry about those two jerk offs!" I wave to Jace as Cole drove off.

I fumble with the radio for a minute before letting it just stay on a random station.  Always running commercials at the same time and no music.  Sounds about right with my shit luck.  I look over at Cole for a moment.

"I still can't get over those two jackasses. Like what the hell?"

"I don't know Mare, but the Sorrentino's are known to be control freaks."  Cole said softly.

He isn't wrong there.  Absolute control freaks.  I want to know what makes them think they can just tell me, someone they don't even know, what the hell I can or can't do.  I turned back to Cole.  "I know. But whenever I think about stuff that has happened lately, it's like I'm not the one even in control of anything. Like I have to start a new job in the morning at that pool and spas place that I didn't even have a say in, and here I will be starting out probably hungover as shit. Too bad my anger at those twin jerks ruined my buzz."