Chapter Twenty (First draft-Unedited)

Amaris' POV

My mind is stuck in a daze.  The sight before me is just beyond amazing.  The brothers sure surprised me.  Their home is incredible. And that's just from the outside view.

I can't form words for several moments as I continue to take in their gorgeous home. Call me impressed. "Wow this is huge!" I exclaimed, my mouth refusing to close as I continue to stare in admiration.  "Is it just you two that live here?" I reluctantly peel my eyes from the structure and look between the twins.

A gentle breeze ruffles his dark hair slightly and wafts his cologne over me. "Yep.  Just us sweetheart."  Damon looked down at me and smiled. A warm, inviting smile at that. Don't mess with my thought process sir. "Do you like it so far?"

"Well from what I've seen so far from the outside, it's beautiful. You two have fine taste." My eyes stay glued to the magnificent home as the three of us continue to the front door.

If I was impressed by the looks of the outside, then there's just no way for me to describe my feelings toward the inside.

The twins are so organized and clean.  Perhaps they have a housekeeper.  I doubt they keep this place so immaculate on their own.  I'm also betting they didn't decorate it themselves. Miranda or their mother possibly, but these two? Definitely not. 

"We have guest bedrooms. You can choose whichever one you'd like," Dominic smirks down at me, his voice low and husky, "Or you can stay in my room."

I study his eyes.  Oh he is serious.  Those beautiful eyes are the home of a lust crazed man, and his stare is burning through my senses rapidly.

Clearing my throat as I stammer, "I, um, I, uhhh.... Hmmm..." I shake my head quickly to clear the haze of desire.  "I think a guest room would be more practical.  Thank you though." I cleared my throat once more, nervously. "Besides, this shouldn't be but a few days, right?"

"Not sure. Depends on how quickly everything is sorted out and your safety is guaranteed." Placing a hand upon the small of my back, Dominic guided me upstairs and let me pick a room.  He ushered me so quickly that I didn't have time to admire any of the art or decor.  I'll just have to snoop later.

"Thanks guys.  I know I haven't exactly been the nicest or easiest person to get along with and I'm sorry I'm such a jackass, but I do appreciate you looking out for me." The twins both nodded and left me to myself to settle in.  I didn't miss their heated stares before they shut the door of my room.

•••

Damon's POV

After about an hour, Amaris came downstairs and joined Dominic and myself in the living room. She sat in a chair alone instead of in the open spot between my brother and I that we intentionally left available for her.   We hoped she would sit there but she's a piece of work.

I glance down her body again and notice she's wearing a man's t-shirt! What the fuck?! Peering over at my brother,  his scrunched up nose and tight jaw tells me he's noticed too.

Fuck this.  I'm not ignoring this shit.

"Do you always wear men's clothing as pajamas?" I abruptly ask, seething in anger.

Stay calm, control yourself, Damon! If I repeat a calming mantra to myself, perhaps I won't storm over to her and tear it off her like an unhinged lunatic.

She stares at me warily.  "Not always. I just hurried to grab stuff and this is one of the old t-shirts I have that I like to sleep in." Amaris shrugs as she looks between my brother and I, confusion marring her beautiful face. "Why?"