Chapter Eleven (First draft-Unedited)

Amaris' POV

I woke feeling my cheek being softly caressed.  A small smile began tugging at my lips before my eyes even open.  I feel absolutely content and I could definitely use some more great sleep in my everyday routine.  A slight panicked thought occurred to me that I wasn't prepared for.

Oh shit, am I developing feelings for Cole?!

I will myself to open my eyes finally and find myself staring back into Cole's hazel orbs.  He has this look of complete adoration as he gazes down back at me, continuing to caress my cheek.

Fuck! I think we both are catching feelings... or we both never completely let go of our teenage crush we had on each other before I left.

He hums deeply.  "Good morning beautiful." He murmured. "What good deed did I do to be deserving of waking up with such a gorgeous woman in my bed cuddling with me... when there wasn't any thunderstorms that is?" He asked as he smirks down at me.

Stretching my way slightly out of his grasp, but he readjusted himself to keep his face hovering above mine.  "Good morning to you too." I chuckle.  He thinks he's smooth.  "I woke up and just felt nervous.  You make me feel safe, always have, so I got in bed with you. I didn't think you'd mind too much as long as I didn't wake you up." I searched his eyes for any telltale sign he was annoyed any but found none.  Relief spread through me.  I'd really hate it if he got pissed or felt awkward.

"I'll never mind it at all.  But unfortunately, I do have to get up and start getting ready for work."  He gave my forehead a fierce yet gentle kiss and got out of bed. I rolled myself out of his bed as well.  I've slept more than long enough that my body is a bit achey and needs stretched out thoroughly.  I made Cole's bed all nice for him and headed into the kitchen. I began the coffee maker for him (gross) and pulled out items to make French toast.

I just got done making him a plate of French toast and setting it at the table just in time for him to come out.  He walked over to get some coffee and smiled at me.  "You're going to end up spoiling me and I'll never want you to move out whenever you decide you've had enough of me."  He teased but apprehension was written on his face.  I think he and I should have a talk when he gets off work.

I shake off my inward musings.  "Oh be quiet. You act as if I've never made you breakfast before."  I glance away from him as I feel heat rise in my cheeks, slightly flustered that I find him extremely attractive in his correctional officer uniform.  I can feel my panties start to dampen and decide I should probably go shower and get ready for the day as well before I somehow make a fool of myself.  "I'm going to shower and get ready. Hope you have a good day at work, Cole."

"Thanks.  And thanks for breakfast Mare."  He winked at me before I averted my eyes from him.  He totally caught me checking him out.  Fuck my life.

Glancing at my phone quickly, I notice Miranda text me this morning already.

Miranda:
Hey girl, so I heard you stood my brothers up last night. Don't sweat it. Their bark is worse than their bite. They seem very adamant about being around you though. But that's a discussion for another time. What are you doing today?

A discussion for another time?  What the?

Me:
Hey, I didn't actually stand them up. I fell asleep intending to only take a short nap but when I woke up it was already in the middle of the night. I figured I could just apologize to them the next time I saw them. And the only thing I'm going to be doing I guess is going to that meeting your family set up for me with your guys' lawyer about my divorce and then head out to the pools and spas place. What about you?