|Who Are You?|

I sat up as I heard Tom's footsteps approaching the kitchen. "Where's Robert?" He asked as he entered through the door.

"He left," I said.

"How come?" Tom asked, he opened the first aid kit; he took out the bandages and ointment.

Why does this seem so familiar? "I told him to leave." I said, a lump in my throat started forming. I wanted to cry.

"Love, don't cry." Tom said as he hugged me gently.

"Don't do that, it'll make me want to cry even more." I muttered. He chuckled lightly and tended to my hand.

"There, all better now?" He asked. I smiled softly;

"Yes." He packed everything up and turned back to me. "I'm sorry for causing all that trouble with Robert." He apologized. I frowned.

"Why are you apologizing? It was Robert who started it, not you." I said as I placed a hand on his shoulder. He gently grabbed my hand and kissed it. That simple gesture made me tense for some reason. I guess I'm more used to Robert's affections. "I know love. It's just, I believe that he might have feelings for you, I saw the way he looks at you." He explained.

My eyebrows creased. Robert doesn't like me. We're frenemies, that's all. "I don't blame him. It's difficult to try and not fall for you." He whispered. My heart skipped a beat. No, who would wanna fall for a girl like moi?

I slowly got close, allowing him to wrap his arms around my waist. "Why?" I whispered.

"You're special, there's something inside of you...that pulls us towards you."He replied softly. Our faces only inches apart.

My cellphone started ringing. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Sorry." I muttered and answered my phone. Tom stepped away and put the first aid kit back into its place.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where the hell are you?!" My father screamed out.

"What do you mean? I'm at Judy's." I lied.

"Bull, Awren. We're here right now and we don't see you anywhere." He replied angrily. Sh*t.

"I'm at the lake." I said.

"W-which lake?!" He questioned nervously. Why would he be nervous?

"You know, the one that you and mom would take us to." I replied.

"Arwen, please don't stand in plain sight." He pleaded and then hung up. That was strange.

"I have to go, can you please drive me back to the lake?" I asked Tom. He looked at me worried.

"Are you sure? I don't feel it's safe for you to be there alone," he replied. I smiled.

"Then come with me." I replied. He smiled unsurely and got his car keys.

"So why is that your father does not want you to stand in plain sight?" Tom asked as we hid behind a tree. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know..." I replied. I bit my lip and glanced at Tom. This question has been nagging me for so long.

"Tom? Why do you have a gun?" I asked.

"For protection." He answered nonchalantly. I wasn't satisfied with his answer.

"Protection from what?" I pressed. He hesitated to answer. "From burglars." He replied. I frowned and stared at him hard.

"The truth Tom." I demanded. Tom bit his lip and looked away.