|It's For The Better|

A/N: .... :3 can I just tell you that I really love you guys...girls...yeah! Lol thank you for those who commented and voted ^.^ you shall be rewarded with this new update! Enjoy!

Robert's POV

I sighed heavily as Arwen left. I wanted to tell her so badly, but I couldn't. I can't. I paced back and forth as the memories of that day rushed through my mind. Arwen's face filled with hurt and betrayal.

Oh Arwen, if only you knew how I badly I want to tell you, I do care about you. It's the she-devil who is behind this.

A knock on the door pulled me away from my thoughts, returning to the painful reality. I walked over to it and opened slowly. Speak of the devil...

"Hello my lovely, me and my husband are going out. Please watch Arwen for us?" She asked. I perked up when she asked. Her smile disappeared.

"No funny business, remember. It's over between you too. Remember I'm coming over tonight, be ready my love." She whispered as she caressed my face with her long witch-like nails. I shivered in disgust. Then she left.

I can't believe I'm letting her do this to me. But it's for the good, as long as she doesn't hurt Arwen.

Arwen's POV

I listened to the door open and shut close.
I walked downstairs and stopped at the last step. Robert looked at me with sad eyes. It hurt me to see him like that. "I don't need a babysitter." I grumbled.

He stood stock still. "You can leave, I said I don't need a babysitter." I repeated. Robert stood in an authoritative stance.

"Your father requested for me to watch after you." He said. We engaged in a stare down.

"Fine." I replied and went back to my room.

I glanced out the window, it's not dark yet. Think, what can I do right now? I can't leave. I can't sneak out...no. I need answers right now...

I went to the attic, everything of my mother's is stashed up there. I coughed as dust flew around. "Ugh! I need a gas mask!" I exaggerated. I turned the light on and looked for a chest. The day my mother died was the day my dad put her personal belongings in a big antique chest.

*Flashback*
I watched dad as he threw in mommy's things in a big chest. Tears were rushing down his face. I didn't like seeing him crying. "Dad? Why are you doing that? Isn't mommy coming back?" I asked.

Dad looked at me with sorrow and pain. I was beginning to get worried. "Sweet heart, please promise me that you won't open this chest ever. There are things you just can't know, it's best if certain secrets are kept secrets. It's safer for you and your sister this way." He said as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

I nodded my head. I glanced at the chest before I pinky promised him.

*end*

That chest has answers, answers I need. I have to know what my father is not telling me. "Where are you?" I asked. I bit my lip in concentration, I was starting to get irritated. "Argh!" I kicked over a bunch of boxes. I gasped.

"There you are!" I said triumphantly. I pulled it out.

Hmmmm....better if I take into my room...

I dragged the chest towards the entrance of the attic. This thing is heavy! What if Robert heard the noise? I quickly went downstairs and into my room.

I turned on my radio and popped in my Pirates Of The Caribbean soundtrack. Sigh, I love film scores. I turned up the volume and went back to the attic. I hope they don't hear it falling down the stairs. I gave the chest a shove and it went tumbling down. I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for Robert to come and ask what's going on. Nothing happened. Phew!

I closed the attic door and dragged the chest to my room. I was practically heaving. Once I placed the chest in the center of my room, I collapsed on my carpet trying to catch my breath. Ugh! I groaned and got up.

I examined the chest. It was locked, it had a unique keyhole...my mom's locket would fit! I went to my jewelry box and carefully took out the locket. I rushed excitedly to the chest and opened the lock.

Dust flew everywhere. I started coughing so much, I thought I was going to die! Then again...I do exaggerate. I looked at the contents of the chest. Old pictures of my father and mother. Their wedding photo. I looked at it and smiled, she was so beautiful. I placed it next to me and kept digging through it.

I sighed heavily. "Come on, there has to be something in here that has answers!" I whisper-shouted.

I noticed at the bottom of the chest, was a small thin string. I cocked my head to the side. Why would this be here? I yanked the string and pop! A small compartment was opened.

Clever. A variety of papers were stacked neatly together and under it was a journal. Now this caught my interest. I then dumped everything back in but the wedding photo, the papers and journal. I grunted as I shoved the chest into my closet.

I hopped onto my bed and looked at the papers. They were written neatly in ink. Each sheet had a picture attached to it. I raised an eyebrow as I examined them closer. "These are profiles..." I whispered.

I didn't recognized any of them. Only two caught my eye. A man and a young girl. The man...he would visit us all the time...

The silver dagger I found at the lake flashed into my mind. It's his... He probably, no. He is involved with my mother's death...

I read through the his profile. He's a leader of a group, extremely powerful and has a lot of men to do his dirty deeds. He has a daughter also. Eighteen years old. I picked up the second profile. That girl seems so familiar! "Where have I seen her before?" I asked myself.

There was quiet knock on the door. I quickly hid the thing under my pillow and muttered for them to come in. Robert hesitated to enter my room.

"Hello." He greeted softly. I just waved hi to him. He sighed heavily and walked over to me. "Watcha doin?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"Listening to music." I replied and laid on my bed. He walked over to my laid next to me, not too close. We just sat there listening to the music. "Jack Sparrow theme?" He asked. I looked at him.

"That's Captain Jack Sparrow for you, sir." I corrected him. He chuckled.

"Listen, I'm sorry-" I cut him off.

"Don't apologize, I'm pretty sure there's a really good reason why you did that. And it better be a good reason. Can you tell me why now?" I asked. He stayed quiet. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the ceiling.

Robert started playing around with my hand. "Will you forgive me?" He whispered.

"Why should I?" I replied.

"Because, I know you still care." He said as he repeatedly kissed my hand tenderly. This is difficult. I sighed.

"No, I can't forgive you just yet." I whispered. We stayed there awhile longer, he continued to kiss my hand whispering words of adoration and asking me to forgive him.

I wanted to tear up. "Robert, I need some time alone, can you just please leave?" I asked. He looked at me with a glum face.

"Alright, goodnight, sleep tight." He said softly as he kissed my forehead.

He shut the door quietly behind him, I stared at it longingly. "Don't let Arwen bite." I whispered as my eyes fluttered closed.