Night Swim

"It's okay," Jimin whispered as you shook your head, making your head dig a little bit deeper in his chest.

"I know it wasn't Ivan, he went with mom and dad. I watched him leave with them," You explained again, still trying to figure it out—of what it could have been. "Plus, there was a dead squirrel under my bed!" You exclaimed which he rubbed your back in comfort. "I must be overreacting. This could literally just be nothing," You sighed, sitting up slightly. You wiped your eyes irritably, as Jimin tried to look into them.

"N-No, if I was you, I'd be freaking out too," He admitted, still repeating the circular motion on your back.

You are not used to Jimin like this, you're used to him making you feel gullible. Somehow, in a way, he was comforting you—which he was surprisingly doing it well. Yeah, he was earlier, but he was still hyper. Now he is calm and supportive, it's unlike him being calm and not a clown.

You sniffled silently as you looked up at him with watery eyes, you still think you were overreacting slightly, but you still can feel your heart pounding against your chest, and you still feel your stomach turning from the fright.

"You said wait until everyone comes back?" You asked him silently, which he just nods answering your question. "Well, they'd probably be suspicious seeing that you're here... At night... With me... Alone..." You added, which he bit his bottom lip out of realization.

"Tell them the truth," He added on, but you thought about it and shook your head.

"Like they'd believe that. They'd think it would be an excuse to be with a boy," You chuckled slightly. "Yeah, I am out here with Jimin because we were having a pretty great slumber party with ghosts," You said, playing out a scenario in your mind with your mom and dad, explaining why you are out here with him late at night.

"Yeah, that'd be pretty funny to see," He laughed in response. Even his laugh was silent and it didn't ruin the mood.

Wait... What mood?

I gotta get out of here.

"I-I better get back soon, my parents might freak if they come home and see I'm not in my bed," You said, with your voice still hitched slightly. Jimin looked at you and tilted his head, as he stopped rubbing your back.

"Make an excuse. I mean—they just left a few moments ago, right? Who knows when they'll get back, and I don't want you to get scared like that again," Jimin explained, which still you feel a little bit unsure. But you agree that you don't want to be filled with fright like that again anytime soon.

"Fine," You agreed cautiously. Jimin gave you a warm smile before getting up, and helping you to your feet. You rapidly wipe the tears away and dropped your hands down back to your thighs—laughing slightly.

"I have an idea," He stated as you wiped away some twigs that was hanging off of your clothes.

"And that is?"

"Lets go for a night swim!" He suggested as he held onto your wrist and dragged you to the lake. You raise a brow as you don't even have your swimming suit on, but whatever. You are still currently wearing the blue shorts and the black shirt, who cares though? Surely your mom would, but you plan to just head to the bathroom and change as soon as you enter the cabin.

Anyways, You go along with Jimin willingly, because you like night swims.

You both arrived at the lake, where you gaze upon its beauty. The stars and the moon make it sparkle, which the reflection lights up the whole area. The lake makes a beautiful mirror for the night sky, plus the little waves makes the reflection of the stars glisten.