Clues

(I am sososososososososooo sorry for the long wait
I feel bad leaving this where it was, on a cliffhanger
This one is one of my favorites I am writing
So I will try and update this one more
Since I finished with the J-Hope ff

Though, in case you need a recap
Ivan, your brother, went batshit crazy
pulled a knife on you
Your parents know Jimin and his parents
You and Jimin found an old newspaper article about a girl named "Chloe Peterson"
And the knife Ivan had was buried with it

Anyway, here is this update

"Hello, yes I am missing my son! He was gone last night and he ran away, a-and I don't know where to, but he's gone!" Your mom called the forest department, for a search and rescue officer. You sat there on your bed and rolled your eyes with your arms crossed, she told him it was okay for him to take a walk this late at night. She should have thought about the consequences.

"Okay, ma'am, calm down. Please give us details about him."

You were able to hear his voice projecting from your mother's phone, clearly having the volume all the way up.

You were twiddling your thumbs as Jimin sat next to you on your bed. You put the knife and newspaper in your bag since it was you two who made it home before your parents, so they didn't notice. You kept the article because you found it odd how the knife was buried with it, so you kept it for clues just in case.

Your father came walking over to you both, "Would you like us to walk you home, Jimin?"

Jimin looked up at him, smiling and shaking his head in regards to his question, "No thank you. I think I can manage."

Your dad laughed, "Awe come on, I insist~"

Your head bounced between the two, as Jimin averted his eyes down to his feet as a smile of delight stretched from cheek to cheek. He then shrugged and nodded his head in approvement.

"Then sure! I hope it's no trouble," Jimin got off the bed and rubbed his forearm with his other hand. You got up and stood next to him as well, leaving your dad to clasp his hands together and look at you both up and down to see if you both are ready to go.

"Of course it's not. I'm offering," Your father stated, walking towards the door as you and Jimin follow behind. You turned to your mother to see that she was still on the phone, nervously curling her hair with her fingers while she bounced her leg in anticipation. You frowned once you looked back up to Jimin as you both walked out of the cabin and welcomed yourself to the dark outside.

"So..." Your father sighed a bit, putting his hands in his pockets as you all were lined up walking together to Jimin's house. Of course, you and your father were following Jimin's direction since you both don't know where it is. Your father and mother haven't visited their house in ages, ever since you both were very young, apparently.

"Hm?" You hummed in question, turning your attention to your father who is clearly trying to form a question in his head.

Your father opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but he instantly closed it as if he was debating whether or not he should ask the question that was formed in his head. You looked at his body language and he seemed a little tense, it was odd.

"Dad?"

He sighed a bit, that was basically the only thing he let out, not even a word. He looked down at his feet, while you all were walking through the darkness. The melodic chorus of birds chirping was echoing through the forest and the sounds of everyone's footsteps breaking twigs went along with it.

You were right by Jimin's side as you were walking in the middle of them. You began to feel uncomfortable seeing how tense your father was, it's obvious he is hiding a question that is eating him up inside. He has a sincere expression on his face, focusing on whatever was in front of him.