Don't be Like a Prey

This is the entry for Team Sun: LogicalCabbage, Annoyingokatu1215, and -infires_

He roamed hurriedly.

His black fur was coated with thorns and dirt, carrying the scars from whatever journey he had. Even then, he was brighter than the midnightsky that engulfed him and the companion in his arms. His partially white fur was stained with flecks of crimson. As he glanced at the darkness above, his tiny companion slowly shuffled in his arms.

"Make it stop," the green creature with spikes quietly mumbled. "Please... Make it stop."

He didn't replied as he carried his exhausted body across the path. He only held his companion tighter as his white fur continuously felt wet.

"Why us?" the frail creature interrogated weakly.

"Because everyone is the hero of their own story," the black furred creature answered honestly.

"Pangoro," the creature muttered anxiously, "I don't want to die yet."

The Pangoro remained silent as he halted his walk. He knew it was foolish to stop, but he at least owed the Cacnea in his arms one last favor.

"Tell me why," the Cacnea gasped shakily.

The bulky creature bowed his head as he set his companion on the ground. Even without light, the wound the green cactus obtained worsened as the blood oozed black. The Pangoro's beady eyes suddenly glistened as he accepted his helplessness.

"The fairies wanted a perfect world," the stronger creature accounted bitterly. "They started with the dragons. No one minded them gone, given that they were overpowered Pokemon." The Pangoro tore his gaze from his companion. "Then, they came for us."

"We did indeed," a voice croaked from behind them. Mawhile stepped out of the bushes. Pangoro's pulse raced, this Mawhile was the same one that nearly killed Cacnea.

"Who do you work for?" Pangoro demanded refusing to let go of Cacnea.

"What does it matter?" And with that she attacked. Blood sprayed everywhere. Pangoro could see nothing but the deep crimson hue of blood. He felt pain searing his side where Mawhile bit him and a few cries of terror from Cacnea before Pangoro passed out.

When he awoke he was surprised to still be alive. Cacnea was not so lucky. Pangoro stared at his dead friend disbelief making his vision blurry. Just yesterday Cacnea was alive, now he wasn't. It was so abrupt Pangoro thought he was still dreaming. A nightmare but still a dream.

A sharp pain near his neck shook him out of his daze. He reached his massive paw to touch this pain. He felt a gaping bite wound. All of his fur must have staunched the bleeding.

"Cacnea, I swear to you I will get revenge. No one deserves to be hunted to extinction." Pangoro knelt at his dead friends body.

His eyes having adjusted to the near total darkness saw a trail torn through the brush. Sticky dried blood coated the occasional branch. Every instinct he had was screaming for him to go the other way, but there always comes a point where justice goes against instincts.

He followed the trail for days, only stopping to rest when he couldn't move anymore. One day he finally found the Mawhile that killed Cacnea.

His eyes hardened once he laid his eyes on the Mawhile peacefully sleeping. She had no right to rest peacefully after what she has done.

And with that thought in mind, he attacked.

He would be lying if he said that he didn't enjoy the frightened look that took over Mawhile's face when he attacked her without warning. The frown that he had previously, slowly turned into a grin.

"Stop it!" demanded Mawhile, trying to scare Pangoro but it wasn't very effective. After all, she had attacked Cacnea and himself when they were both weak. Now Mawhile was the one with the disadvantage.

"Tell me how much Cacnea had to plead for his life before you finally took it away from him! Tell me!"

But he didn't wait for a response.

Pangoro opened his mouth and a bright beam of light came out. The hyper beam hit its target, and caused Mawhile to cough up blood.

Pangoro slowly walked towards the defenseless Pokemon. He was about to do the final blow, but was shocked by what the other was doing. She was laughing.

He stared at her in disbelief.

"How ironic" she whispered, "You make me seem like the villain, while in reality, if you kill me-" Her black eyes seemed to pierce his soul.

"You are no better than I am."

Mawhile was expecting for Pangoro to let her go after that, but she was wrong.

He just smiled before saying the words that made shivers run through her spine.

"This is for Cacnea."

Then there was complete darkness.